2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been good this season true

But

He wad ceap for his first two and a half years here

And how much of the being good is judt standing out in a crap team

A new owner doesn't actually change that right away. It's going to take years of sticking to a plan and building it all up before we get to a point where we can realistically have players we should be doing all we can to keep and have an actual shot at keeping them.
I agree, we need a new inner to give us back the stability we had before this idiot arrived.
Moshiri has to go quick, to give us a chance

We paid 34million.
See this is an example of what a bad owner Moshiri has been, that deal was bent, the same day Arsenal moved a lot of money around.... I wonder were it all came from and went and via which agents.

Regardless it matters not what we paid, he is ours now and doing well for us.

I agree, we need a new inner to give us back the stability we had before this idiot arrived.
Moshiri has to go quick, to give us a chance
Even before Moshiri arrived we really shouldn't have been planning on keeping our good players. Until the rigid hierarchy of the sport changes or we somehow move to a place of power we will have to deal with the constant need to sell players and find replacements. It's how this sport works.

Even before Moshiri arrived we really shouldn't have been planning on keeping our good players. Until the rigid hierarchy of the sport changes or we somehow move to a place of power we will have to deal with the constant need to sell players and find replacements. It's how this sport works.
Thing is there is nothing wrong with selling players, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea.... they all sell players, our problems have often been the replacements. Brands and Walsh, the DOF role, its not working.

His ammortisation is 6.8 mill, so on the books his cost is 34 mill. To be fair you have to include any clauses in amortisation, whether they are met or not. Cash flow, I really don’t know.

I think with him its a case of 'would you swap him for Kudus' ?

If selling Iwobi meant we could buy Kudus is that a deal we should be doing.

The bloke rarely scores, still looks like hes carrying 2 hot plates and doesnt turn games.

Hes at his ceiling.

I think with him its a case of 'would you swap him for Kudus' ?

If selling Iwobi meant we could buy Kudus is that a deal we should be doing.

The bloke rarely scores, still looks like hes carrying 2 hot plates and doesnt turn games.

Hes at his ceiling.

Hes an enigma mate, more questions then answers - always. He always leaves you conflicted.

On performances he’s worth his place, however this level of performance has been the exception rather then the rule over the past four years and Lampard has been the catalyst.

My concern is this, 1. He’s given a 100k long term contract and regresses again to a player worth a couple of million we can’t wait to get rid off. 2. Lamaprd will be doing well to make it to the summer, he defo won’t be here in 5 years, so what does that mean for Iwobi, most other managers we’ve had only used him as a utility. 3. As you say could we do better attracting a better player for 100k a week in an attacking midfield slot, for that wage I think we probably could.

Iwobi his contribution and form is a sandcastle built on the shore with the tide coming in, inevitably you can see a change coming depending on changes in the environment and circumstances, I wouldn’t be throwing around long term 100k contracts, if we do we’ve learned nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.