2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s played in central midfield for the vast majority of the season. 1 goal is utter crap by any metric anyway.
I’m not going to argue he’s a good player because he’s not but he’s got more than double the assists of anyone else in the squad and only 3 current squad members have more goals than him .

We’ve been utter crap , particularly in front of goal for much of the season certainly until Dyche came in . Statistics aren’t particularly a stick to beat Iwobi with this season , not in comparison to others anyway . The lads value for money , overall ability or whatever might all be a different story .

I’m not going to argue he’s a good player because he’s not but he’s got more than double the assists of anyone else in the squad and only 3 current squad members have more goals than him .

We’ve been utter crap , particularly in front of goal for much of the season certainly until Dyche came in . Statistics aren’t particularly a stick to beat Iwobi with this season , not in comparison to others anyway . The lads value for money , overall ability or whatever might all be a different story .

Hes not value for money though?

Hes not value for money though?
Not for one second did I suggest he was , I replied to a specific post dealing with his stats this season . It’s a sad indictment of how we’ve performed but his stats have him at the top of player returns for us , if the poster was beating him over his value for more or saying he isn’t worth a new deal at £100k a week I wouldn’t be making the point I did or arguing .

7 assists this season and 1 goal playing as right wingback. Leave him alone
Looks like most stat sites have him on 6 assists, which is a good stat, until you look a bit deeper. His expected assists are only 3 which should tell you it’s good finishing as opposed to great quality chances being created that accounts for his high figure. Indeed Denmari Gray and McNeil have higher expected assist records.

Who cares as long as we score? Well, over time those stats indicate he won’t continue assisting at that rate, as it has more to do with worldie finishes. Just as I said when he had 5 assists for an xg of less than two back in October. Got panned for it at the time but it’s panned out, he’s barely assisted since.

You’ve got:

- the simple pass to Maupay against West Ham, with his back to goal outside the box who turns and hits a worldie.

- the cross to Onana against Brighton that misses him and falls to McNeil at the back post to smash him a worldie from an acute angle

- the simple sideways pass to DCL against palace where DCL nutmegs his man on the outside of the box and then continues into the box to finish.

That’s just off the top of my head. Sell him in the summer, market him as an arch creator and hope that clubs are stupid enough just to look at the top line stats and give us anything over £15mil.

Looks like most stat sites have him on 6 assists, which is a good stat, until you look a bit deeper. His expected assists are only 3 which should tell you it’s good finishing as opposed to great quality chances being created that accounts for his high figure. Indeed Denmari Gray and McNeil have higher expected assist records.

Who cares as long as we score? Well, over time those stats indicate he won’t continue assisting at that rate, as it has more to do with worldie finishes. Just as I said when he had 5 assists for an xg of less than two back in October. Got panned for it at the time but it’s panned out, he’s barely assisted since.

You’ve got:

- the simple pass to Maupay against West Ham, with his back to goal outside the box who turns and hits a worldie.

- the cross to Onana against Brighton that misses him and falls to McNeil at the back post to smash him a worldie from an acute angle

- the simple sideways pass to Dominic Calvert-Lewin against palace where Dominic Calvert-Lewin nutmegs his man on the outside of the box and then continues into the box to finish.

That’s just off the top of my head. Sell him in the summer, market him as an arch creator and hope that clubs are stupid enough just to look at the top line stats and give us anything over £15mil.

This i can fully support.

It’s simple for me. If Dyche doesn’t see him as a central midfielder for the future then I would let his contract run out. He is of little value as a right midfielder. I think Dyche will continue with the midfield 3 and try to find another in the offseason to add to the ranks (if we aren’t transfer banned).

69DACE06-78C8-40F2-8C8A-080AD4C05A94.jpeg

It’s simple for me. If Dyche doesn’t see him as a central midfielder for the future then I would let his contract run out. He is of little value as a right midfielder. I think Dyche will continue with the midfield 3 and try to find another in the offseason to add to the ranks (if we aren’t transfer banned).

Why let his contract run out? We could just sell him...

Ahhh I see lol

They must have popped a few corks that day

We let too many of our players' contract run out. Who's to say we won't actually get any money for Iwobi if we sold him. Some fools out there actually spend money on Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.