2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Head and shoulders are best player today. Always showing and wanting the ball, nice array of passing and his tracking back in behind Mykolenko and Patterson when they got caught high up the pitch was great

Head and shoulders are best player today. Always showing and wanting the ball, nice array of passing and his tracking back in behind Mykolenko and Patterson when they got caught high up the pitch was great
Too right mate, it's a good job he was covering for Patterson and Mykolenko as well, because McNeill and Gray did not help the full backs out and Doucoure, even before his injury, was a mile off the pace.

If that were his primary job in the team that might be an issue but as it isn't I don't see the point in complaining.

Yes he will need to get some over the course of the year but every week no and we're only two games in.
I guess if you constantly lower the standard, then happiness will always come.

If that were his primary job in the team that might be an issue but as it isn't I don't see the point in complaining.

Yes he will need to get some over the course of the year but every week no and we're only two games in.

He's a good squad option but long term we need someone with a wee bit more creativity to their game.

I have a feeling Onana will be partnered next to him long term but would rather a younger Gana sitting with Onana given a more box to box role with licence to bomb forward.

I guess if you constantly lower the standard, then happiness will always come.
Lower what standard, he's playing as a central midfielder in a two, his primary jobs are to move the ball forward, win the ball back and cover the backline as necessary. He is doing all of these things well. If he's played 20 games and he's still at 0 goals 0 assists we can start to have this conversation, as is it is needless complaining about one of the functioning areas of the team.

Lower what standard, he's playing as a central midfielder in a two, his primary jobs are to move the ball forward, win the ball back and cover the backline as necessary. He is doing all of these things well. If he's played 20 games and he's still at 0 goals 0 assists we can start to have this conversation, as is it is needless complaining about one of the functioning areas of the team.
Im saying its not functioning.

He's a good squad option but long term we need someone with a wee bit more creativity to their game.

I have a feeling Onana will be partnered next to him long term but would rather a younger Gana sitting with Onana given a more box to box role with licence to bomb forward.
If you're playing 3-4-3 creativity isn't coming from midfield. Look at Spurs. They play Hojbjerg and Bentancur in there. The wide players and front three do that job in this system.

Brighton same thing. Chelsea same thing. This system is not build around the central midfielders doing that. If we switch to a 4-3-3 then the roles change and the expectations change.

Im saying its not functioning.
He is, Doucoure and Davies are not.

I really don't think there is anything Iwobi personally can do differently in the system we're playing to do more. He's been very very good. If you're not happy with what he is bringing then go to the Lampard thread and complain about that side of it.

He is, Doucoure and Davies are not.

I really don't think there is anything Iwobi personally can do differently in the system we're playing to do more. He's been very very good. If you're not happy with what he is bringing then go to the Lampard thread and complain about that side of it.
See you in 18 games.

Look I know its hip to say hes this great player now, but still no goals and assists like, for what, the 10th game on the run?
Set up Doucoure 7 yards out directly in front of goal against Chelsea and put one on Gray's toes 6 yards out against Villa. It's not as if he doesn't make chances happen. Takes some credit for our goal today too given Digne's forced to put it in his own net.

Status
Not open for further replies.