2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gordon might be young and therefore less experienced and prone to mistakes, but you know what, at least he puts in a shift.

Iwobi is too much of a passenger. We really, really miss Richarlison's snarl, hounding their defenders trying to play out, helping out deep on the pitch.

We can't expect everyone to play exactly like Richy but it's incredibly annoying how Iwobi tries to play like his exact opposite.

The only trait they have in common is their tendency to make bad decisions and be egoistic on the ball.

I don't think Iwobi doesn't put in a shift, it's just his game awareness. He's so erratic, in how he attacks, how he runs with the ball, how he passes and how he defends.

Gordon is young but already has more composure than Iwobi.

Worst thing for me today was his inability to make any sort of connection with Digne. Digne overlapped him a couple of times, running 30 or 40yds to do so and he's cutting inside and just running in to a dead end.
This. Pretty sure that's why he was hauled off at HT. All players have off days but can be forgiven if they keep trying to do the right thing. if Digne overlaps he should be given the ball 8 or 9 times out of 10, and I'm sure they must have practised that in training.

I don't think Iwobi doesn't put in a shift, it's just his game awareness. He's so erratic, in how he attacks, how he runs with the ball, how he passes and how he defends.

Gordon is young but already has more composure than Iwobi.

Aye, he does have a certain work rate but you're right. Oppo doesn't know what to expect, teammates doesn't know either, i don't think he ever has a plan himself.

Aye, he does have a certain work rate but you're right. Oppo doesn't know what to expect, teammates doesn't know either, i don't think he ever has a plan himself.

It's why his best games have come for us centrally.

He's a player who works on instinct. Yes he's massively frustrating but with more options inside he can be dangerous.

Perhaps we need to consider that anyway. A change in shape while Richarlison is out of the side. Get a solid bank of two in midfield and perhaps that means, at some point in a game, Iwobi can play central.

It's why his best games have come for us centrally.

He's a player who works on instinct. Yes he's massively frustrating but with more options inside he can be dangerous.

Perhaps we need to consider that anyway. A change in shape while Richarlison is out of the side. Get a solid bank of two in midfield and perhaps that means, at some point in a game, Iwobi can play central.

Had the same thought. I suspect we've been found out as extremely dependent on crosses and wide play. Now that we're extremely short on options both for wing backs and wingers as well as the oppo expect is to play headers in for DCL, maybe it's time to try to play centrally, find space in tight areas, or work oppurtunities for long shots.

Had the same thought. I suspect we've been found out as extremely dependent on crosses and wide play. Now that we're extremely short on options both for wing backs and wingers as well as the oppo expect is to play headers in for DCL, maybe it's time to try to play centrally, find space in tight areas, or work oppurtunities for long shots.

100%

That doesn't mean to rip everything up, but without two key players, and then other players (Allan, Doucoure etc) not playing well, that 4-3-3 isn't going to work.

Anyone got a video of when James has the ball on the centre spot gives Romeu a few dips of the shoulder, pings an amazing ball out to Iwobi who is wide open on the wing and then proceeds to completely miscontrol it and let it go out for a throw in.

Agree and also defensively we could use the extra bodies in the middle. Discouraged to see us ripped apart in the middle two games running when that unit was upgraded and did so well for the first run of games. Need to bunker maybe until we get bodies back.

He can still control and pass a ball.
Didnt see much evidence of that. Its clear our Achilles heel are still the players from last season and they've seriously let us down. Sigurdsson is just so gutless. Gomes, Delph and Gordon must play next. Even though people have reservations about Gomes, he can still complete passes that Siggy can't.

Seriously, what ability are people talking about?

He's appalling at absolutely all aspects of football, to my eyes anyway.

Disgraceful pass %, cannot shoot to save his life, dispossessed every time he tries to take a man on, absolutely no chemistry with any teammates, can't even control a ball.

What is this ability he has? The odd flick round someone that you'd see in any given 5 a side game (that even then he can only pull off 10% of the time)?

Genuinely baffled.

Status
Not open for further replies.