2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is when your key players are missing you need the players coming in to replace them to all put in a shift - when you're carrying the likes of Iwobi & Siggurdsson it has a negative effect on the whole team.

We saw in the Spurs game what having players putting in tackles did for the whole mentality of the team - you see Iwobi strolling around, Glyfi running through treacle and Godfrey getting hammered the whole team goes to pot.

Only Godfrey had an excuse today but Iwobi for me set the tone - got into some decent positions at the start and instead of driving at the Saints full back / whipping balls in and having them on the back foot he's taking 50 touches and passing back to the midfield inviting pressure onto us.

Get rid in January.
Agree with that, but that's the worse performance under Carlo - too slow as a team - tippy tappy rubbish when 2-0 down - I just could not understand his like for like substitutions either- we have deadwood it's still there - yet like you say they still get picked ......
That must be the worst game Deighn had for us too, awful positioning for both goals......poor going forwards crossing abysmal - he has been vital for us....
I found it hard to pick MOTM TBH.....

Agree with that, but that's the worse performance under Carlo - too slow as a team - tippy tappy rubbish when 2-0 down - I just could not understand his like for like substitutions either- we have deadwood it's still there - yet like you say they still get picked ......
That must be the worst game Deighn had for us too, awful positioning for both goals......poor going forwards crossing abysmal - he has been vital for us....
I found it hard to pick MOTM TBH.....

The whole team were crap mate I agree there - but I have little time for the likes of Iwobi/Siggurdsson as they were the same cowards who were stinking the place out last season.

Not bringing in another forward when Kean/Walcott went was bonkers and Delph should be the next in line to Gomes as he can actually put in a tackle.

He was in that spot where James loves to swing it from right to left. James sent a few of those his way, but Iwobi just kept them and got trapped on the touchline. Always tried to do too much instead of just whatever the next most basic attacking move was.

James might as well have kicked the ball into the tunnel, same result.
What frustrated me is when Digne had it he kept staying wide so Digne would play it to him and he could go nowhere but back. That was dumb and we just did it again and again.

He shouldn't be near the pitch, end of discussion. Can't dribble, can't find a pass, doesn't hit the scoreboard, kills our build up play.

If we ever get a bid we have to accept it and cut our losses regardless of the price. He'll end up another niasse or bolasie just happy sucking up our wages.

Absolutely guff. Runs around with that thing on top of his head looking like something that tried to throttle Frodo. He's 24 and turns up about three times a season.

When I saw us linked with him I had exactly the same feeling in the pit of my stomach that I had when Bolasie was linked (to some extent Klaassen too as my Dutch mate had warned me he'd be far too slow for the league, but at least he knew it wasn't going to work and left ASAP).

I was desperately hoping it was just media talk and we weren't actually seriously thinking of throwing 30m at him: neither players had ever proven themselves over an extended period of time to be good enough for a team with ambitions of challenging the top teams.

The fact there was absolutely zero competition for their signings should have set off the alarm bells, yet we somehow thought they would come in and push us to the next level. Both utterly crap, injury or no injury for Bolasie, and I cannot wait for the day when neither are long gone from the club.

But when I see Iwobi on the field just half kind-of jogging around and with no quality to make any sort of impact on the game and no heart or desire to even, as a bare minimum, hustle the opposition and put in 110% effort, it's sickening.

I can see right now that he's going to be more than happy to forfeit his career to sit on his stupidly expensive contract here until 2024.

Neither full back got any real cover, was disappointed in both Allan and Doucoure in that regard. Was just so frustrated watching Iwobi get the ball in great positions 3 or 4 times and refuse to use Digne on the overlap and hold onto the ball for several small pointless touches before even lifting his head up to look at options.
I agree with that in a short spell he was an outlet but yes his delivery was poor we missed Rhico for sure -

The whole team were crap mate I agree there - but I have little time for the likes of Iwobi/Siggurdsson as they were the same cowards who were stinking the place out last season.

Not bringing in another forward when Kean/Walcott went was bonkers and Delph should be the next in line to Gomes as he can actually put in a tackle.
You may find not getting rid of the deadwood our wage bill plus our fair League status on transfers is borderline........Carlo has inherited some awful expensive duff signings imo.....

He just always seems to make the wrong choice. Takes too long to make a decision and once he does, it's usually the wrong one.

There are certain things players do that make you like them, but it's hard to find many with this lad. Arsenal really pulled a fast one here.

Rooting for Ross Barkley for years to fix many of these specific problems hurt. Still disappointed in the fee we got because a lot still rated him.

The most worrisome for me today, was what I did not see in Iwobi and Gilfy: the spirit to put the team ahead of their own success, which we have seen in every Everton pleyer all season. Every pleyer when faced with the choice in the past five games, has favored what was best for the team. I did not see the same spirit in either of these two players today.

Status
Not open for further replies.