2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands had an absolute nightmare on this signing - who else was going to have the pennies to pay £28m for iwobi whilst at the same time thinking he’d improve their side - can only think of us, villa and west ham fitting that criteria and they’d already bought their wide men by then.

proper shocking signing - another one we won’t be able to give away.

Really disappointed with his play out wide at the weekend; seemed to make a catalogue of poor decisions but most of the others in the team too. It seemed that we were back to believing we are better than we are and that we can beat teams without putting in the effort. It was again that slow turgid indecisive passing game that drove me to tears of frustration last season.

Determining to beat the man and cross the ball first time would make such a difference to his game. I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen - has the Arsenal way drilled into him.

He is such an awkward footballer he looks like everything is hard work. Ironically he looks better as a sub than starting so maybe keep him as that until he can improve I'm not hopeful though he has been a disastrous signing so far.

He makes it hard work, but not as hard work as watching him turn back inside cos hes on his wrong foot as Digne goes bombing past him, and then getting tackled.

Seriously, what ability are people talking about?

He's appalling at absolutely all aspects of football, to my eyes anyway.

Disgraceful pass %, cannot shoot to save his life, dispossessed every time he tries to take a man on, absolutely no chemistry with any teammates, can't even control a ball.

What is this ability he has? The odd flick round someone that you'd see in any given 5 a side game (that even then he can only pull off 10% of the time)?

Genuinely baffled.
You're not wrong

Brands had an absolute nightmare on this signing - who else was going to have the pennies to pay £28m for iwobi whilst at the same time thinking he’d improve their side - can only think of us, villa and west ham fitting that criteria and they’d already bought their wide men by then.

proper shocking signing - another one we won’t be able to give away.
He has ability which will be plain to see in League 1.

He is such an awkward footballer he looks like everything is hard work. Ironically he looks better as a sub than starting so maybe keep him as that until he can improve I'm not hopeful though he has been a disastrous signing so far.
Needs at least one touch too many. Lack of awareness, confidence...who knows. Not currently good enough.

Actually think Bolasie contributed more before his injury then Iwobi has done for us. Bought for similar money and dare I say on similar wages, we’ll end up getting stuck with him to the end of his contract as well.

Nah, we'll have takers for him when it becomes clear we definitely want rid. Not sure if we'll get our money back but someone will want him and I imagine he'll be happy to go if he's told point blank he won't play here.

Bolasie is lingering around like a bad smell because he won't get another decent contract in Europe, and because of the pandemic MLS or the far East both weren't options for this summer. He's happy to run his contract down whilst being a cringey bell on twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.