2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. People absolutely queueing up to slate the lad. He was average tonight. Not better or worse. Just average. Couple of good moments, couple of bad. But there were far worse players on the pitch tonight. Bernard was woeful. DCL poor. Even richarlison had a stinker by his standards.

But iwobi is everyone's favourite boo boy.
Hint: he's not going to get better by people consistently throwing him under the bus and saying he's the worst signing ever etc.
Also we've been comprehensively terrible since the restart going forward and that isn't one person's fault.

He´s not going to get any better if people stop making these comments on an Internet forum he doesn´t read. There´s literally no one at the match right now to boo him although I reckon Ancelotti has probably booed him a few times when he´s came back into the dressing room.

If you reckon modern players don't read forums and social media to see what people are saying about them then you're out of your mind.

If you reckon modern players don't read forums and social media to see what people are saying about them then you're out of your mind.

I really doubt he´s even heard of this forum let alone browses this thread. The thing is, you´ve told people to stop saying mean things about Iwobi yet gone onto slate half the players yourself.

Jeezus, just imagine how much worse he'd be if he was constantly hearing 35000 groans every time he did something useless with the ball. He's bad enough now with absolutely no fan pressure on him. Experiment gone badly wrong, get rid!

I really doubt he´s even heard of this forum let alone browses this thread. The thing is, you´ve told people to stop saying mean things about Iwobi yet gone onto slate half the players yourself.

I think you'd be surprised.

There's a difference between saying someone had a poor game and saying someone is the worst signing ever made and writing them off as crap in general.

I think you'd be surprised.

There's a difference between saying someone had a poor game and saying someone is the worst signing ever made and writing them off as crap in general.
It's true though. He is genuinely one of our worst ever signings and barely looks like a professional footballer. If he had a different name he wouldn't look out of place several leagues down.

Iwobi and Bernard should be on the bench for the last two games, we looked much more threatening with Gordon and Walcott on the wings. Walcott is maddeningly inconsistent but he can run (unlike that fat mess, Iwobi) and can hit an occasional decent cross. He also scores sometimes whereas Iwobi is allergic to goals, he's got an epi pen and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.