2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can only imagine that at some point Iwobi for £30m was mentioned around a table and various people nodded their heads thinking that´s a good idea. None of these people should work in football ever again.
“30 Mil? That’s a steal! As in they’re stealing our money”

He reminds me of Lukaku at Man U in the sense that he seems to have baulked up far too much and therefore has lost a yard of pace and agility. Not looking at all good enough at the moment though.

I didn't think he was bad tonight. I'm not saying he was good or good enough even, but other than Walcott scoring did any of our attackers do something more useful than the couple of balls he put in that DCL didn't finish? I'm just saying it feels like tonight is just beating a dead horse.

The problem is he was our marquee signing last summer. The creative, flair player who we´d look to in order to win football matches. He will never be capable of that so consequently it´s such a frustrating amount of money wasted.

I didn't think he was bad tonight. I'm not saying he was good or good enough even, but other than Walcott scoring did any of our attackers do something more useful than the couple of balls he put in that DCL didn't finish? I'm just saying it feels like tonight is just beating a dead horse.

Yep. People absolutely queueing up to slate the lad. He was average tonight. Not better or worse. Just average. Couple of good moments, couple of bad. But there were far worse players on the pitch tonight. Bernard was woeful. DCL poor. Even richarlison had a stinker by his standards.

But iwobi is everyone's favourite boo boy.
Hint: he's not going to get better by people consistently throwing him under the bus and saying he's the worst signing ever etc.

Ancelotti has dragged him off in near enough every game because he’s been atrocious.

Iwobi has ONE assist this year ! That’s it ! Would love him to do well but it’s pretty telling that while he was poor again today ... it may have been his best performance for us !?

Yep. People absolutely queueing up to slate the lad. He was average tonight. Not better or worse. Just average. Couple of good moments, couple of bad. But there were far worse players on the pitch tonight. Bernard was woeful. DCL poor. Even richarlison had a stinker by his standards.

Hint: he's not going to get better by people consistently throwing him under the bus and saying he's the worst signing ever etc.

Agreed that sapping his confidence is counter productive, however he more than most has had something to prove since the return. Granted his season before that was disrupted by injuries, but you would think he would really be busting a gut to show us all what he can do now he is back. He hasn't shown anything at all to excite anyone yet though. Clock is ticking on any excuses he may have. Needs to seize his opportunity quickly..

He´s not going to get any better if people stop making these comments on an Internet forum he doesn´t read. There´s literally no one at the match right now to boo him although I reckon Ancelotti has probably booed him a few times when he´s came back into the dressing room.

Status
Not open for further replies.