2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasnt he playing on the other side of the pitch to when he was at Arsenal?
Seems better in the middle , but were he fits into the team when we get a couple of midfielders i dont know.
I think regardless of position he will do better when the players around him are actually decent on the ball. Yesterday he's working with Coleman and Sigurdsson on his side of the pitch. That's not exactly top level ball playing ability. When you're a player looking to pass that hampers you a bit.

I think he has done well over the last couple of matches. Carlo at the moment seems to pick him ahead of Bernard, maybe due to his physical size. A lot of our supporters seem to have made up their mind about him. I think he is going to play a lot more than they think.Not every player is the "stand out" type player but is a player who plays for the team, maybe a player whose teammates appreciate more than some spectators.

Iwobi seems to have the responsibility of doubling up with Seamus. There is very little happening against us down that wing at present.
I wonder what will happen when Theo is fit ?

I went back and found the "50/50" that he supposedly "pulled out of." I'm sorry but if you're having a go at his desire or commitment or whatever other attribute you want to describe it as over that moment than you've made your mind up on those things long ago and were just waiting for something to lash out about it over.

My wife has been attending and watching football for 2 seasons. So when she gives a view on a player, its how she sees it without years of standard football jargon. On Iwobi she says " He dribbles good, has got skills and is not slow but eveytime he kicks the ball it doesnt go where he wants it to. And he doesnt look surprised"

I reckon his break from Merseyside with all the side issues will have made him more mature and sensible and probably a better player for it. Having said that crap, he is a small fish in a bigger pond down there whereas we probably expected him to run the show while he was here, and he was not capable.

Status
Not open for further replies.