2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was one that he definitely should have gone for. It’s not a deal breaker for me, but you don’t like to see it consistently. I’ll give him the benefit of a doubt and say he was tired. He did bust a gut a few times to make runs which he needs to keep doing to make it on the wing.
I think if you're looking at one moment and saying he's not got the heart because of it you were probably looking for it all along.

It’s not about heart. It’s about wimping out of challenges mate. You’re reaching Rooney levels of fanboyism here.
What would you describe someone wimping out of a challenge to be lacking? Fill in the blank really, heart, desire, whatever, I think if you're saying he lacks it due to one instance you've been waiting to say it.

I know you aren't btw.

Don't forget the truth that he plays in Walcott's role. He has to be a pacey winger.
It will be different if he plays on the left.
At least he tried lol

A decent, young player, out of position, who I expect will improve a bit under Carlo. If he doesn't he will be phased back to the bench where he will still be a decent opinion in certain matches and at certain times.

Having an extreme opinion of he is dire, at this point in his career, doesn't make you seem knowledgable. It makes you seem desperate to appear so.

He had an excellent second half against Norwich, so he has made some positive contributions post restart.

Don't think it's any coincidence that his best performance for us was in the 2nd half against Norwich last week when he was allowed to drift inside from the right wing into pockets of space. He isn't a "winger", think we can all agree on that. He's doing a job at the moment, but think if he has a long term future here then it's on the left of the 442 that we play in the role where we allow that wide player to drift inside. We have three players who naturally want to play that position (Iwobi, Bernard and Gordon), so you'd probably expect one of those to be sold in the summer and given how Ancelotti doesn't seem to trust him particularly, I would guess Bernard will be the one out of the door - he's also the one who makes most financial sense as he earns big money but also because any transfer fee we get for him is pure profit for FFP because he came in on a Bosman.

Don't understand the extreme views on him yesterday.

No he wasn't exceptional. But he had a decent first half, and ultimately that's where we won the game. He's done OK in the last 2 matches as far as I am concerned. Plenty of room for improvement from him because he has more ability than people are claiming.

Status
Not open for further replies.