2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greenwood hasnt had to move country as a teenager.

Not excusing Kean completely but don't think thats the best comparison

I think the whole moving country is an excuse in itself tbh mate - not like he's moved to timbuktu he's gone from Italy to the UK.

He's young and obviously can improve but the PL is a big step up from Serie A in terms of intensity / pace - its down to him if he is willing to put in the extra effort otherwise he wont be here too long I feel.

I think the whole moving country is an excuse in itself tbh mate - not like he's moved to timbuktu he's gone from Italy to the UK.

He's young and obviously can improve but the PL is a big step up from Serie A in terms of intensity / pace - its down to him if he is willing to put in the extra effort otherwise he wont be here too long I feel.

I agree on the whole, not making excuses for him.

But its not fair to compare him to Greenwood.

Greenwood is having the season this year that Kean had last year. Impressive cameo performances for a strong team in his home country.

If Greenwood moved abroad next year and continued doing well you could compare them but not yet

Stuck to his task well yesterday, very hard game for him to showcase his abilities. Think Carlo will appreciate a player who can stick to instructions for pretty much a full 90.

Iwobi is still young and has a lot more to both learn and offer, not saying he’ll be great for us I do think he can be an asset to the team.

Bernard must be having a mare in training it Iwobi is keeping him out! I personally thought he was dreadful yesterday, he didn't offer Coleman much support with his defensive duties, and literally noting as a creative force. Just don't quite get what he offers the team.

Stuck to his task well yesterday, very hard game for him to showcase his abilities. Think Carlo will appreciate a player who can stick to instructions for pretty much a full 90.

Iwobi is still young and has a lot more to both learn and offer, not saying he’ll be great for us I do think he can be an asset to the team.
Agree with this.

People praising Ancelotti’s tactics (rightly so) but lambasting Iwobi was bizarre to see. He was given a task to do and completed it. He helped make Coleman’s task a lot easier by limiting the options that Mane had and not allowing an overlap - Liverpool getting into 2 on 1 positions out wide is where they create so many of their goals but Iwobi never allowed that option for them.

Also got himself in a perfect position for a cutback but unfortunately Richarlison didn’t go for it.

Agree with this.

People praising Ancelotti’s tactics (rightly so) but lambasting Iwobi was bizarre to see. He was given a task to do and completed it. He helped make Coleman’s task a lot easier by limiting the options that Mane had and not allowing an overlap - Liverpool getting into 2 on 1 positions out wide is where they create so many of their goals but Iwobi never allowed that option for them.

Also got himself in a perfect position for a cutback but unfortunately Richarlison didn’t go for it.

Was fuming at the time watching that lol he can be so greedy at times!

Iwobi like the rest of the team had clearly been well drilled and were playing to instructions. We got a draw against the runaway league leaders and were unlucky (as ever) not to have won the game when hitting the post.

Midfield and forwards all get a free pass for that performance and the defence get the plaudits; Holgate and Coleman in particular.

Carlo's got the rest of the season to coach the boys and make some key signings. I expect to see plenty of Iwobi before the end of the season and an unbroken run of games will allow him to grow into the side. Plus wasn't he was being played out of position on the right.

Agree with this.

That screenshot looks terrible!

In real time that space disappeared very quickly tho.

I'm not sure Richie would have picked him out, and not sure Iwobi would have finished it!

That screenshot looks terrible!

In real time that space disappeared very quickly tho.

I'm not sure Richie would have picked him out, and not sure Iwobi would have finished it!

Also think the ball could well have been intercepted and even more chance Iwobi would have been closed down.

Or even Iwobi rattles it home but it's disallowed because of DCL position a la United haha

With Iwobi and Bernard my take is this.

Carlo had a way he wanted to set up to limit the RS. Plenty of time in training to focus on this game. Reckon Iwobi put the shifts in during training to get given the nod. He carried out his orders.

We play again on Wednesday against a poorer side than the RS. Good chance Bernard will get a game as we would expect to have more of the ball.

Either way, we have a lot of games in not many days and a lot of injuries. Bernard, Iwobi and Gordon will get more games.

When we actually have the ball the last thing he does is hide. We had like 32% possession yesterday.
Well there is different ways to hide and he definitely hides, he’ll bluff running at players, usually left for dead, watch Bernard, he doesn’t rush in,he jockeys his opponents and makes them part with the ball, if Iwobi has any future with Everton he has to change, have a go and earn his wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.