2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were talking about tackling, showing for the ball and working for the team, Bernard as small as he is does all of that, Iwobi has talent, he just doesn’t like the physical side of the game, watch him and see.
This season the stats show that they’ve averaged almost identical amount of tackles a game this season, that Iwobi helps win the ball through pressing more often than Bernard does and that Iwobi gets dribbled past by attackers almost half the amount of time that Bernard does...

This season the stats show that they’ve averaged almost identical amount of tackles a game this season, that Iwobi helps win the ball through pressing more often than Bernard does and that Iwobi gets dribbled past by attackers almost half the amount of time that Bernard does...
zook, I have never, ever, taken notice or been impressed by them, I use my eyes they tell me more than any stats will ever do. I see a good player in Bernard, can’t say the same for Iwobi.

I felt Iwobi played a vital role. I know no one is really interested in giving him credit so don't sweat it, but I think without his discipline Seamus is given more to do aside from just stick to Mane for most of the time.

I'm not even sure it was a hard job, but he did do it.
We are getting nowhere with this debate, you see a different player when you watch Iwobi than I do, let’s leave it at that, no sweat either way.

zook, I have never, ever, taken notice or been impressed by them, I use my eyes they tell me more than any stats will ever do. I see a good player in Bernard, can’t say the same for Iwobi.
People who say they trust their eyes over stats are baffling. Stats are facts, your eyes are subjective. Professional sports team use one and not the other for a reason.

I thought he worked very hard doing a defensive role he needs to show more composure on the ball and going forward though. To be fair we didn't have it enough and the entire midfield needs to do better with that. There are times he looks a bit awkward seems he prefers a more number ten role he won't get that with a 442.

Status
Not open for further replies.