2019/20 Alex Iwobi

PhilRegan

Knives to gun fights
Right okay I have seen the stats that's for sure unmissable like some of Walcott's chances he misses.

Surely it's got to be bare minimum to replace Walcott. I get what your saying but a few of our signings are potential would you agree ? We all wanted proven.

Hopefully then if that's the case we will be laughing instead.

PhilRegan

Knives to gun fights
This is not the best we can expect from him. I think the minimum is he gives us most of what Bernard gives us but with slightly less pressing. Although he adds the ability to dribble from deep into the attacking third and to pass the ball into the box.

The best is he does all that but adds more consistency to his creative play in the final third and maybe scores a few more. I'm not sure where this myth that Iwobi is one of those players that does a bunch of tricks and not much else has come from but it is actually a myth. He does do some tricks, It is not all he does.
We need delivery of goals and assists guaranteed to improve really. Bernard creates space and is a decent link up man. I'm led to believe Iwobi is uncannily similar to what we already have ? What makes him different do you think ?

TheBigIguana

Player Valuation: £70m
We need delivery of goals and assists guaranteed to improve really. Bernard creates space and is a decent link up man. I'm led to believe Iwobi is uncannily similar to what we already have ? What makes him different do you think ?
Iwobi: 1800 minutes 3 goals 6 assists
Bernard: 2100 minutes 1 goal 4 assists

It's that simple really. Iwobi gives us the traits that Bernard does that did things like keep the ball and open space for Digne with the added benefit of actual final third production. I also see Iwobi as someone who is still improving and could be better in two years than he is now. Not sure Bernard can do that.

PhilRegan

Knives to gun fights
Iwobi: 1800 minutes 3 goals 6 assists
Bernard: 2100 minutes 1 goal 4 assists

It's that simple really. Iwobi gives us the traits that Bernard does that did things like keep the ball and open space for Digne with the added benefit of actual final third production. I also see Iwobi as someone who is still improving and could be better in two years than he is now. Not sure Bernard can do that.
Oh right okay well that's promising then his numbers are slightly better. We shall see a more direct bernard can't be all bad then even if it was 35m.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Registration is simple and free. Get involved.

Everton Mishmash
Check It Out!
Legends of Goodison Park
Order Now!
Everton Fan Media
Watch here
Support GOT
With A Subscription
Shop with Amazon
+ Support GrandOldTeam
AdBlock Detected

We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks