2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s nice and tidy but he’s another one you have to play centrally, he comes alive.

He was superb in that West Ham Game and the Brighton game before Bernard went off also.
I think he'd be fine off the left in the right team, but our current team isn't that. He needs options to pass to.

He’s going to be a fantastic every week player for us!

There I said it! I don’t regret it! I needed to get this off my chest. Thanks for coming to my TED talk

He’s going to be a fantastic every week player for us!

There I said it! I don’t regret it! I needed to get this off my chest. Thanks for coming to my TED talk
A tad optimistic a view there perhaps, although I do agree that there’s a player in there.

Not good enough....prefer theo 100%. We’ve signed him not knowing his best position (I mean The bench shouldn’t count) overpriced, championship standard... but please prove me wrong Alex.

I think there’s a player in there somewhere.

....that pass in the Anfield Derby where he put Kean in on goal was top drawer and made me thin the same. From his central position there was an easy and obvious option out wide, but he picked that pass which left Kean with only the goalie to beat. Terrific.

He also hit the box lots from wide position, I think it was the home game v Wolves where he lost his marker by accelerating in the box and heading a goal from 6 yards.

i do think his best performances, though, have been from a central position and I think he was a bit unlucky not to get more game time ahead if Sigurdsson. Playing 4-4-2 might not help his cause, but we need squad players and we’ll know more about his effectiveness next season.

I dunno - you could argue that players thy fail to deliver, such as Iwobi, are why Arsenal are no longer a major force!
Yeah, fair comment. But he did do things in an Arsenal shirt that were top quality.

My sense is that strong management needs to get hold of him

Status
Not open for further replies.