2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bit of a weird one, looked really good when he came in, unlucky not to score on his debut, scored on his home debut, and his cup debut, and looked decent until the whole team went to pot. Think we shouldn't jump to conclusions with him just yet, he's not really disgraced himself and his attitude is always decent - that was his first game under Ancelotti as well wasn't it? If he can improve then we'll have a decent player, if not then he's not the worst player to have as a squad rotation especially if we get Europa.

He’s just so incredibly awkward which makes watching him so much harder. Not only is he entirely ineffective he makes you cringe watching him do it.

I think he was a panic buy bought solely because he had some stats saying he creates lots of chances. A horrible waste of £35m when you think of players like Maddison going for a lot less than that.

He’s just so incredibly awkward which makes watching him so much harder. Not only is he entirely ineffective he makes you cringe watching him do it.

I think he was a panic buy bought solely because he had some stats saying he creates lots of chances. A horrible waste of £35m when you think of players like Maddison and Tielemans going for a lot less than that.
Tielemans cost more I'm pretty sure.

And I don't think the stats said he created loads of chances, they said he could create some chances. The thing in his stats that was impressive were his numbers passing forward, dribbling forward and passing into the box. Those things have come off at times this year but it won't matter if he isn't getting goals/assists.

As said before, like Bolasie he's a street footballer who doesn't have the nous to translate raw skill into effective football.

He was a panic buy. You just have to hope he's one of the last of them.

I expected him to be as bad as Bolasie but he hasn't sunk to those depths... Yet.

Bit of a weird one, looked really good when he came in, unlucky not to score on his debut, scored on his home debut, and his cup debut, and looked decent until the whole team went to pot. Think we shouldn't jump to conclusions with him just yet, he's not really disgraced himself and his attitude is always decent - that was his first game under Ancelotti as well wasn't it? If he can improve then we'll have a decent player, if not then he's not the worst player to have as a squad rotation especially if we get Europa.

I’d play him instead of Siggy.....

As said before, like Bolasie he's a street footballer who doesn't have the nous to translate raw skill into effective football.

He was a panic buy. You just have to hope he's one of the last of them.

I expected him to be as bad as Bolasie but he hasn't sunk to those depths... Yet.
I just don't see this. It isn't like he's out there doing a bunch of tricks that don't come off. He's a very understated player to me. Not really much flair about him at all.

I mean of the guys we have playing on the wings, Bernard for me is by far the most "street footballer." His game is all fancy flicks and tricks and what not. But I doubt we will be seeing any comparisons between him and Bolasie.

Status
Not open for further replies.