2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did Bernard need a rest he just had 10 days off?

Rather see iwobi CM than out wide

I don't know that Bernard needed a rest but it won't have done him or Iwobi any harm (and we got a lucky win so it worked out for Carlo).

Agree 100% with you re' Iwobi in CM (I'm not saying he's the answer but I think would suit him a lot more)

Basically from Iwobi I just see average. Hes not bad like Walcott is for 99% of the match. He just doesnt do anything of note. Gets the ball, passes it on, rarely an incisive pass, rarely an incisive run. Hes not negative, hes just not positive in the way that Bernard is in most matches. At some point hes got to either pick it up and start to make things happen, or he will really just be a "wont hurt us" backup in case of injury.

I really want to like Iwobi.

Always looks to go forward, young and seems a thoroughly likable bloke.

I just get the nagging feeling that he is a bit rubbish though. He seems to lack a brain which is weird as away from the pitch he seems pretty intelligent. Never looks like he is fully in control of what he is doing either.

I wouldn't jib him off just yet or anything but he needs to get fully match fit and up his game massively.
Same. He’s one of them that you watch closely and one minute think, yeah he’s defo got the ability, then the next, meh, he looks turbo gash.

I just get the nagging feeling that he is a bit rubbish though. He seems to lack a brain which is weird as away from the pitch he seems pretty intelligent. Never looks like he is fully in control of what he is doing either.

I wouldn't jib him off just yet or anything but he needs to get fully match fit and up his game massively.

Pretty much how I feel too; Siggi has had his chances so let's give Iwobi a chance.

I genuinely don't get why people says he's brainless. I see a lot of smart moments and technique letting him down more often.

I genuinely don't get why people says he's brainless. I see a lot of smart moments and technique letting him down more often.

I wasn't aware that others said it. I thought it was a "hot take" from me...

I see him trying stuff that will never come off and running into blind alleys a lot.

Maybe when fully fit the extra 10% or whatever will work in his favour (like knocking it past a player and being able to get around the opponent etc)

As I said I have not given up on him or anything, he has just looked a bit ropy after a fairly decent start for us.

Seems afraid to take risk. That’s his biggest problem. Someone should tell him playing high up the pitch is absolutely fine to take risk with dribbling and passing. The whole team is behind him in case he lost possesion.

Agree with most he's better as a 10. That aid, it was his first game back for a few weeks, was under the impression he was playing through injury under Ferguson too. Could just be a case of feeling his way back into it for another game or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.