2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think people are being very hard on him. Puts a good shift in for the full 90 and is being played out of position. He’s a winger in a 4-3-3 or a 10 in a front 4. He’s probably the most under-utilised player in the squad relative to what he should be doing. Given that, he’s putting in some good work. Only thing I would like to see more of is scrapping in 50/50s. He often dangles a leg.

For me, his lack of pace means he is never, ever a winger. In any system.

Lack of pace? He’s as quick as he needs to be for that position, like eg Bernardo Silva, Foden, Bernard

He got matched for pace by James Milner the other night. He's not quick. You're also talking about one of the most technically excellent players in the league in Silva and Foden isn't even a winger.

Lack of pace? He’s as quick as he needs to be for that position, like eg Bernardo Silva, Foden, Bernard
One of these is not like the others lol.

But yeah he's not an olympic sprinter but he has adequate pace. He's not a dribbler. He's a find the space and pass guy. He's more comparable to De Bruyne than Bernardo imo. And I'm not saying he's as good as either of those just stylistically.

The clamour will continue for him to be played in the number 10 role, but where to then when he isn't good enough for that position? It's just like Sigurdsson repeating itself.

Iwobi is a decent squad player. He'll be in and out of the team. You'll got the sublime from time to time but he'll frustrate a lot more.

The clamour will continue for him to be played in the number 10 role, but where to then when he isn't good enough for that position? It's just like Sigurdsson repeating itself.

Iwobi is a decent squad player. He'll be in and out of the team. You'll got the sublime from time to time but he'll frustrate a lot more.
The clamor is because we've done it once and it was the best performance of the season.

I hope he gets a run there and he does brilliantly. It's just not what I think will happen.
Any time he gets central he makes good things happen. I'd love a 4-4-2 diamond with him as the furthest forward but that requires 3 central midfielders which we don't have.

The clamor is because we've done it once and it was the best performance of the season.

I think going forward it'll be about finding the right balance between playing 4231 with Iwobi in the 10 and 442 with Iwobi on the bench. Whoever the manager is needs to learn/ know when to play which system.

I think going forward it'll be about finding the right balance between playing 4231 with Iwobi in the 10 and 442 with Iwobi on the bench. Whoever the manager is needs to learn/ know when to play which system.
Since our best winger is Theo Walcott I think a good system would be one without wingers. Either 4-4-2 diamond or some form of 3-5-2 with wing backs.

Since our best winger is Theo Walcott I think a good system would be one without wingers. Either 4-4-2 diamond or some form of 3-5-2 with wing backs.

Diamond could work when we have more than one midfielder at our disposal. And I really like the 3-5-2 formation but don't think the three centre backs look overly comfortable - certainly got the players (especially wing backs) for it though.

Diamond could work when we have more than one midfielder at our disposal. And I really like the 3-5-2 formation but don't think the three centre backs look overly comfortable - certainly got the players (especially wing backs) for it though.
Big problem with 3-5-2 is not having a left footed CB to play the left side. Makes it hard to pass the ball around that side

Status
Not open for further replies.