2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put a shift in but jesus hes frustrating. Looks so awkward
He's not a winger in a 4-4-2. He did more in the last 10 minutes when he was moved central than the rest of the game. But I prefer his awkward but somewhat effective style to whatever the hell Bernard is. We actually need Walcott if we are playing this system.

He looks nothing but a big slow lump. Weak in challenges, doesn't seem to want to take a yellow for the team, lets people go past him in dangerous positions when he could easily take them down or hold them back, he just seems to step out the way. weak little passes that don't make their target.
I was hopeful when he signed, now.. not so much.

He is truly bad out wide. Richy offers you work rate on both sides of the ball, Walcott offers excellent movement, Bernard offers excellent link up play and Iwobi offers... an extra body for corners? o_O

He is truly bad out wide. Richy offers you work rate on both sides of the ball, Walcott offers excellent movement, Bernard offers excellent link up play and Iwobi offers... an extra body for corners? o_O
He's an excellent passer. But that's tough to show off as a wide player in a 4-4-2 and he isn't going to be playing centrally in the system.

He is much better in the middle. I’d rather have anyone else out wide.
The problem is he has to be on the field because of what he is capable of. The first goal at Chelsea for example shows how he can be crucial to creating dangerous attacks. It's tough when we are playing 4-4-2 as it doesn't suit him.

I'd love to see a 4-4-2 diamond with him at the tip but that's impossible with 1 healthy midfielder.

Poor game but kept plugging away and had a decent effort at the end. The reason why he's kept on (imo) is because he csn carry the ball and gets us into an attacking transition quickly.

Not his best game by any stretch but his effort was there for all to see.

Think people are being very hard on him. Puts a good shift in for the full 90 and is being played out of position. He’s a winger in a 4-3-3 or a 10 in a front 4. He’s probably the most under-utilised player in the squad relative to what he should be doing. Given that, he’s putting in some good work. Only thing I would like to see more of is scrapping in 50/50s. He often dangles a leg.

Really not a fan. Similar to DCL I think he's in there because you're guaranteed 100% effort and a good attitude. He's seriously lacking in quality though.

Status
Not open for further replies.