2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
He got matched for pace by James Milner the other night. He's not quick. You're also talking about one of the most technically excellent players in the league in Silva and Foden isn't even a winger.

Oh so now you think there are other characteristics that matter? I thought pace alone determined who played as a winger?

Foden has just played 55 mins in the exact position Bernardo plays. Forget the pigeonholing and look where they actually stand.

One of these is not like the others lol.

But yeah he's not an olympic sprinter but he has adequate pace. He's not a dribbler. He's a find the space and pass guy. He's more comparable to De Bruyne than Bernardo imo. And I'm not saying he's as good as either of those just stylistically.

Which one? All of them play or have played that exact same position for different teams.

And Iwobi isn’t a dribbler? Nonsense!

Which one? All of them play or have played that exact same position for different teams.

And Iwobi isn’t a dribbler? Nonsense!
Bernard would be the odd one out as he is the one who has no real effect in the final third.

Iwobi is effective when he passes around teams not when he tries to dribble past people.

Iwobis first touch is horrific but I have faith because of his pace and he’s still young but not a massive fan, I feel he lacks end product too

Bernard would be the odd one out as he is the one who has no real effect in the final third.

Iwobi is effective when he passes around teams not when he tries to dribble past people.

Dribbling isn’t just going past people, it’s more generally carrying the ball forward. That’s one of his main strengths.

Iwobis first touch is horrific but I have faith because of his pace and he’s still young but not a massive fan, I feel he lacks end product too
I don't quite get the fascination with first touch when a player could have the best touch in the world and be completely useless if he never does anything else.

I turned the game on with 2 minutes played. It was almost 15 minutes before I heard his name or realised he was playing. Not sure if that says more about me or him.
But anyway, he seems better more infield than out wide like he was today. Out wide he seems to go looking for the ball and gets caught out of position.

Status
Not open for further replies.