Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard some Arsenal fans say Iwobi performs best when he has full support of the fans behind him. Hope the boo boys don’t come after him

Regardless of his age,Davis is not good enough and he hasn't shown enough in the last two years to suggest this will change.
He's just turned 21. He's too good for U-21s/to be loaned out but arguably not quite good enough for the first team. Still got plenty of time to develop into a solid player. One of the issues with football these days is no one is willing to give time.

Like it was any different 40 years ago. Was it Kendall or Catterick we went for in the car park?

Sounds like you want us all to sit on this forum clapping along. Football isn't like that. We are going to have different opinions. If someone doesn't rate a player then they can say so. It's not North Korea.
There's having an opinion and there's moronic counterproductive jeering hurranguing and booing.

I wish DCL would add more goals to his repertoire.

Or

I think we need better at our club

Or

DCL is $h*te! (which being a player in a top team he clearly isn't.)

You're right, fir now, but he's only 21.

Most millenials his age are still at their mothers teets.
I agree he's young but we seem (and others also) to be looking for athletes who are strong fast. Tom.at this moment and maybe never dosnt seem to have much strength that's why he always seems easily knocked off the ball and dosnt have passing accuracy

How was Baines in that same period.

It’s not just about Pienaar mate, his style of play & his work ethic allowed Baines to be one of, if not the, best creative left back in Europe for a spell of about 3 years.

I’m not surprised Digne was superb last year, he started to build a good relationship with Bernard, who i see as very similar to pienaar
Baines was very good during that period but let's face it, we didn't finish above 5th and we didn't win anything.

We're not going to break into the top 4 without scoring a lot more goals. Look the goals and assists Man City and Liverpool are getting from their flanks.

End product is important. We won't be challenging the top 4 with wide forward players scoring less than 5 goals when teams above us are getting 20+ from theirs.

the arsenal kid in our work said he was dreadful until emery come and last season he improved drastically he just needs to improve infront of goal

was gutted at first but, young with plenty of experience can play in a variety of positions, he'll do alrite

He's just turned 21. He's too good for U-21s/to be loaned out but arguably not quite good enough for the first team. Still got plenty of time to develop into a solid player. One of the issues with football these days is no one is willing to give time.

If he's not quite good enough for our first team why shouldn't be loaned out, there are teams worse than us?

Thing is with Zaha, it was far too much money and he might have attitude issues, signed a new contract with Palace but wants to leave, if he had one good season with us chances are a CL would sniff around and he might do the same to us.

Iwobi is a good deal and he looks a talent that needs to be developed, like Richarlison
This 100%. Zaha was simply not worth it at that price point. He's a bit of a luxury item for a very good team looking for a little bit of extra magic.

We are still building, and we need substance. All reports are that Iwobi also puts in a shift, which for a side like us is important.

At that price, Zaha is best suited to keeping bad teams up b/c he will score just enough to do so, or as a luxury bench player for a Top 4 side that has a ton of possession.

Heard some Arsenal fans say Iwobi performs best when he has full support of the fans behind him. Hope the boo boys don’t come after him
You'd assume that'd be the case with every professional footballer like.

the arsenal kid in our work said he was dreadful until emery come and last season he improved drastically he just needs to improve infront of goal

was gutted at first but, young with plenty of experience can play in a variety of positions, he'll do alrite
I've seen this line a few times now, seems to be a common concensus amongst Arsenal fans. Not Emery's player but managed to get a tune out of him at times last season. Hopefully Silva provides a similar effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.