Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just cant get excited over the lad.

No end product is exactly why we supposedly wanted an upgrade on Bernard - why spend big money for the same issue of finishing when Bernard did a decent job last year?

He's no Zaha (n)

Just had the opinion of someone who I used to play football with, watches a hell of a lot of football and somebody who’s opinion I value.

Works hard, got a trick or two and a steal of a buy at that price.

Then his son piped up with “he’s garbage”.

It’s all about opinions I guess.

The Iwobi no end product stuff is a complete myth. He does not score enough goals and Marco is spot on to challenge him to improve on that but he is hugely productive in chances created and assists per 90 minutes. The raw numbers mislead because so many of his appearances are off the bench but his combined goals & assists per 90 put him on a par with Richarlison (who is the opposite, scores goals, creates little) and is comfortably ahead of Bernard in production. Just as importantly and also like Richarlison he is trending up and becoming more productive per 90.

He is versatile, impactful and ascending. This is for me exactly the type of player to invest in. There is always risk that he might not overcome his weaknesses or maximise his potential but he’s at a very different development point and on a very different trajectory to Walcott when he was signed.

Definitely overpaid but not as much overpayment as Zaha would have cost us, so it's all not that bad, hopefully he'll prove doubters wrong that he's better than Walcott and not a waste of 40million

The Iwobi no end product stuff is a complete myth. He does not score enough goals and Marco is spot on to challenge him to improve on that but he is hugely productive in chances created and assists per 90 minutes. The raw numbers mislead because so many of his appearances are off the bench but his combined goals & assists per 90 put him on a par with Richarlison (who is the opposite, scores goals, creates little) and is comfortably ahead of Bernard in production. Just as importantly and also like Richarlison he is trending up and becoming more productive per 90.

He is versatile, impactful and ascending. This is for me exactly the type of player to invest in. There is always risk that he might not overcome his weaknesses or maximise his potential but he’s at a very different development point and on a very different trajectory to Walcott when he was signed.
If he can supply Kean, Richarlison and Siggurdsson regularly each game then he’ll be a great signing... fingers crossed and looking forward to seeing him play this season

Made me think of this.

Definitely overpaid but not as much overpayment as Zaha would have cost us, so it's all not that bad, hopefully he'll prove doubters wrong that he's better than Walcott and not a waste of 40million
Where do you get £40m from? The figure I've seen is £34m.

Status
Not open for further replies.