Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva spoke about having one direct winger and one who can come infield and create. Iwobi fits very much into that role alongside Bernard with Richarlison and Walcott on the other side playing direct, Kean and DCL as mobile target men through the middle.

For the first time since he’s been here we now have 6 players for the front positions in the profile that Silva wants.

I think Iwobi is a good buy. Wenger rated him highly and he kept good players out of the Arsenal team. Sure he can improve on his end product but if he’s squaring tap ins for Kean and Richarlison then no one will complain.

Young, pacey, technical, hungry to play. This is the new profile of player arriving at Everton now and Iwobi is smack in line with that.

Where do you get £40m from? The figure I've seen is £34m.
Where do you get 34m from? The figure I've seen is £28m.

I've heard it was £28M potentially rising to £40M. If it does rise to £40M then it means he's been an ace signing and we've won stuff with him scoring and assisting loads. Same last season with £35M - £50M Richarlison.

Will always have a soft spot for Big Vic.

Where do you get 34m from? The figure I've seen is £28m.

£28m rising to £34m I think.

At first I was, and to be fair I still am, disappointed that we couldn’t get Zaha as he’s truly one of the most exciting players in the league and will win a million free kicks / pens this season.

After some thought I think Iwobi is a good alternative. He wasn’t expensive at all at £28m especially given his homegrown status which will continue to be worth more and more in coming seasons.

He’s quick, powerful and creates chances. It worries me that even with Pierre and Lacazette up top he didn’t get many assists, but as many have said he comes in as part of a young, exciting attack and plays anywhere up top.

Realistically we didn’t create enough last season and relied on individual brilliance from Richarlison and Gylfi most of the time, so Marcel/Marco have done the right thing in stacking our attack with hungry players. Iwobi has a lot of experience from his time at Arsenal and internationally - all in all it was a good value signing that improves us.

Yeah but we weren't signing the 23 year old Zaha mate - we were signing the current boss man

How about we give him a chance? He's around that age where players often step up. He is clearly well regarded and has plenty of potential, and has shown he can do it on a number of occasions. It's not crazy to think that all he needs is the environment and playing time to reach that level of consistency

How about we give him a chance? He's around that age where players often step up. He is clearly well regarded and has plenty of potential, and has shown he can do it on a number of occasions. It's not crazy to think that all he needs is the environment and playing time to reach that level of consistency

Some people where underwhelmed when Mane went to Liverpool but look at the player he turned into. Not saying Iwobi will hit that type of level but people writing him off already is foolish. New club, new position, new team mates, more playing time, he could well improve hugely.

Some people where underwhelmed when Mane went to Liverpool but look at the player he turned into. Not saying Iwobi will hit that type of level but people writing him off already is foolish. New club, new position, new team mates, more playing time, he could well improve hugely.

Get what your saying mate but Mane was boss for Southampton.

I just feel he's a good squad player and no doubt has quality- but its not the sort of signing to really push us into the top 6 more so the sort of signing Leicester or West Ham makes. Fair enough thats around our level but I want us to go above that like we did with Digne & Pickford.

The sorts of players who are already hitting double digits are mostly unavailable to us. Iwobi is exactly the sort of profile we should be looking at. We should be developing lads like him into the sort of player that will hit double digits and would have been unavailable to us had we not snapped him up early

Yeah the man who has, for the first time in his career, seen double figures

Boss him

Playing for Palace though mate...

Imagine him in arsenals team the freedom he would have - Iwobi wouldn't last 5 minutes in Woys set up of "pass it to Zaha to hold onto it" whilst Wilf is swarmed by 3 players.

Trust me the lad is dynamite we need to get him signed in Janaury

Very curious to see if he fits the Everton system better than Arsenal. I assume he will do better in a less possession based style. We need him to do more than beat his man and rack up MOTD highlights though. Here’s hoping Silva can get more out of him

Status
Not open for further replies.