Alan Harper

Status
Not open for further replies.
'And Alan Harper the substitute has scored for Everton, he got free on the right and Harper who trained as a full black this morning,but played in midfield today showed a forwards instinct'

have never ever forgot that commentary from Motson...........v Sheff Wed in FA Cup semi 1985?

5.16 into video

'And Alan Harper the substitute has scored for Everton, he got free on the right and Harper who trained as a full black this morning,but played in midfield today showed a forwards instinct'

have never ever forgot that commentary from Motson...........v Sheff Wed in FA Cup semi 1985?

5.16 into video

86. Lookat the jersey, Mimms in goal (Nev broke his ankle at Lansdowne in a WC qualifier and Lineker.

Should have won the domestic double that year and the European Cup!!

Versatile player.

Very true, despite the fact he played/covered two or three positions it was never really truly obvious during games he was filling in! Always gave 100% for the team and unless my memory is giving me trouble there was never any tantrums or histrionics when he was left out or on the bench!
Very important member of the squad during his time!

Very true, despite the fact he played/covered two or three positions it was never really truly obvious during games he was filling in! Always gave 100% for the team and unless my memory is giving me trouble there was never any tantrums or histrionics when he was left out or on the bench!
Very important member of the squad during his time!
The most important game was Bayern Munich away when we had a very makeshift team and came away with a 0-0 draw - not sure if he, and Richardson filled in, out of position..?

The most important game was Bayern Munich away when we had a very makeshift team and came away with a 0-0 draw - not sure if he, and Richardson filled in, out of position..?

Vaguely remember it being a team set up to get the 0-0, and that they both played - not sure who was missing though or why!

Status
Not open for further replies.