Administration looming ...quicker than we realised ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can possibly shed some light on the possible rumours,

The accounts are later than usual, they are due to be filed at Co's House end of February.

With the accounts being later than usual the obvious issue could be that auditors will not sign off the accounts on a going concern basis, (happens quite a lot in practice I work for a healthy large organisation dealing with this very issue from time to time).

Why would the auditors not sign off on a going concern basis?

The current loan/overdraft facilities have less than 12 months to the renewal date. If this is the case the auditor will be looking for some sort of finance agreement in place before sign off, or the company to show its ability to to meet its loan repayment and its day to day running cost. Ie a gurantee of some sort would be needed to support its going concern basis. Looking at Evertons accounts on a yearly basis this issue would have come up before now but will always need to be reviewed at every audit. Therefore I think they are just waiting for T's crossed and I's dotted.

With these routine issues that would come up and later than usual accounts, I think a bit of chinese wispers is happening.

But as people have said, we have saleable assets in a number of players, so far from it at present.

The accounts are later than usual, they are due to be filed at Co's House end of February.

With the accounts being later than usual the obvious issue could be that auditors will not sign off the accounts on a going concern basis, (happens quite a lot in practice I work for a healthy large organisation dealing with this very issue from time to time).

The current loan/overdraft facilities have less than 12 months to the renewal date. If this is the case the auditor will be looking for some sort of finance agreement in place before sign off, or the company to show its ability to to meet its loan repayment and its day to day running cost. Ie a gurantee of some sort would be needed to support its going concern basis. Looking at Evertons accounts on a yearly basis this issue would have come up before now but will always need to be reviewed at every audit. Therefore I think they are just waiting for T's crossed and I's dotted.

With these routine issues that would come up and later than usual accounts, I think a bit of chinese wispers is happening.

But as people have said, we have saleable assets in a number of players, so far from it at present.

My theory: Bill's Alsation eat the account book and he cant lay his hands on the duplicate.

Cashflows mate. I'm having these very same issues now with Chinese companies thinking they don't have to pay invoices.

... boy are they about to get a nasty surprise...

And - because of the difficulty in suing Chinese too... there's more than one way to skin a cat.

In Everton's case it's probably the same in terms of Cashflows. Especially with the current economy.

Last edited:
People are just getting their financial panties in a twist cause there's so much pressure to spend. Administration? Ha! Fruck these rumours!

Ain't no way i'm trusting anyone who writes "alarm" as "alram" anyway. Sounds like a weird arabic siren.

I google ALRAM and i came to this page, made me laugh my face off.
http://analrampage.net/

Comedy folks, it's what keeps us afloat when water fails us.

Cashflows mate. I'm having these very same issues now with Chinese companies thinking they don't have to pay invoices.

... boy are they about to get a nasty surprise...

And - because of the difficulty in suing Chinese too... there's more than one way to skin a cat.

In Everton's case it's probably the same in terms of Cashflows. Especially with the current economy.

Is there any area of human existence you're not an *expert* on?

<Speechless>

Status
Not open for further replies.