2017/18 Ademola Lookman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried watching the game on a crappy stream last night and for 20 mins I was unsure if Ady was on the pitch.
He clearly has natural talent and that's why Leipzig spotted him but he simply isn't yet good enough to start regularly in the Prem hence 3 managers in a row benched him as will Leipzig's.
Truely hope he proves me wrong but I think the Championship is more his level right now and he's missed an opportunity to be a regular starter there.
Seems to have poor judgement both on and off the pitch. Hope he matures quickly and develops an attitude more like the less naturally talented DCL otherwise I fear a Delofeu like career trajectory.

Bolasie is one of our worst players. A fifa Street player. A show pony with no concept of how to play a match. It still frustrates me all that money we lashed on him considering he's never got double figures in his life
I defended him for a while, and honestly I don't expect wingers to hit double figures, but he doesn't create anything for anyone else either. No value add most games going forward, rarely defends, etc. It's all very frustrating. Think this makes me most upset about the Lookman loan. If he's not first 11, fine, but I feel like everyone thinks we have to play Bolasie just because we spent 25mil or whatever on him. Accept that it was a mistake and move on.

Bolasie is one of our worst players. A fifa Street player. A show pony with no concept of how to play a match. It still frustrates me all that money we lashed on him considering he's never got double figures in his life
I defended him for a while, and honestly I don't expect wingers to hit double figures, but he doesn't create anything for anyone else either. No value add most games going forward, rarely defends, etc. It's all very frustrating. Think this makes me most upset about the Lookman loan. If he's not first 11, fine, but I feel like everyone thinks we have to play Bolasie just because we spent 25mil or whatever on him. Accept that it was a mistake and move on.

Kin absolutely kin correct mate. Can't stand the 'trickster'. Only thing he's guilty of tricking people over isn't his dribbles and general ability on the field, but rather his having nailed down a multi million pounds professional football contract. Diabolical.

Kin absolutely kin correct mate. Can't stand the 'trickster'. Only thing he's guilty of tricking people over isn't his dribbles and general ability on the field, but rather his having nailed down a multi million pounds professional football contract. Diabolical.
Strange that. Any criticism of him in his first few months was treated as sacrilege. The jury is out on him, but Palace obviously thought he was not up to the mark often enough. Big Sam knows him although he did not sign him here.

He could do with adding a bit of mass. Since watching him against Split, I thought that it was a case of a boy playing against men.

He undoubtedly has ability but appears to be overawed mentally, and that may be down to lack of physicality, or his perception of such.

I tried watching the game on a crappy stream last night and for 20 mins I was unsure if Ady was on the pitch.
He clearly has natural talent and that's why Leipzig spotted him but he simply isn't yet good enough to start regularly in the Prem hence 3 managers in a row benched him as will Leipzig's.
Truely hope he proves me wrong but I think the Championship is more his level right now and he's missed an opportunity to be a regular starter there.
Seems to have poor judgement both on and off the pitch. Hope he matures quickly and develops an attitude more like the less naturally talented DCL otherwise I fear a Delofeu like career trajectory.
I doubt he will be starting a classico along side the best player of all time anytime soon.

Or even more recently putting in a man of the match performance against the champions.

I know people like to use hyperbole but come on.

If he reaches Deulofeu's level he will have done well.

I think he has potential, he has ability to change a game from the bench. But he is young and it's been a difficult season. I agree with Big Sam he should of gone to Derby. It would of helped his development and strength .

The fact that he's not eligible for EL seems to escape some people. I'll be surprised if someone doesn't come on here to post that he isn't even on the bench tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.