Confirmed Signing Abdoulaye Doucouré

Status
Not open for further replies.
The player will only go to France if we don't want him, or are unwilling to pay what Watford want.

I'm not too fussed either way on this one, as long as we get Allan & James. There are other midfield options out there, but if we get him I am ok with that too and will hope he can prove me wrong.
Same, not that arsed about him, bet he'll be the signing of our season now..

He’s premier league experienced, available and would be ready to go straight in.

If he starts the first game of the season for Watford instead of getting him in and ready to start it’s a massive bollock dropped.

He’s premier league experienced, available and would be ready to go straight in.

If he starts the first game of the season for Watford instead of getting him in and ready to start it’s a massive bollock dropped.
Not if it costs us £5 million extra for the sake of having him one game earlier. Negotiations take time.

I agree. Very important that we get a bloke who is all-action plus who can nick a goal.

But negotiating with Watford cannot be easy. It was rumoured that they got EFC to stump up
4 million for the previous no-name, manager whose claim to fame is that he nearly saved Hull from relegation. But did'nt.

The player will only go to France if we don't want him, or are unwilling to pay what Watford want.

I'm not too fussed either way on this one, as long as we get Allan & James. There are other midfield options out there, but if we get him I am ok with that too and will hope he can prove me wrong.
Rodriquez is not a ball winner , he would have been lost in our team in the season gone by simply because we did not have enough good possession to let a player of his type shine.
The manager knows this and wants to have a central midfield that can break even at least and set up good ball for our more creative players.
Players like Doucoure and Allan are vital if JR is to play well.
For me , Doucoure is the most important of the three because he should be able to settle much more quickly as he already knows the league and the country.

I believe that both Allan and JR will need some time to settle and Doucoure will be vital in midfield as they do so.

Think it will all fall into place once the foreign lads are done. They are the priority and it might be that we are haggling over how much is paid now and how much later anyway. I think he will sign but not till Allan and James have.

Status
Not open for further replies.