Homepage Update: A farewell to arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been going since 1878 and our recent decline is well documented. But it's a blink in the eye. It's easy to forget our history, when you've grown up on famine. The OP makes an important point. For whatever reasons Allardyce got appointed but continuity wasn't one of them. The club said as much today.

Continuity and tradition is what makes this club. It gives it a foundation that few others can claim. The standards that are riveted into the clubs psyche, run through the supporter base. It's as much as a burden as it is a rallying point.

We simply can't abandon those virtues because they currently appear irrelevant or insignificant. We have to hold by a code, something that unites us all as Evertonians. And in turn we expect that the present governors of the club honour that too.

The club got it right today and for that they should be applauded.

Excellent post, could not agree more.

..I imagine any new manager will be promised spend. If it is Silva, he and Brands should have a strong insight into the current squad. Saying that, it’s not always easy to move players out who are on big money contracts. Ironically, it was something Koeman was reasonably good at.

Baines won’t move but he might be superseded. Jagielka is the type who will want games and the club will probably release him if effective replacements come in. Williams might be a target for a promoted team, it’s difficult to see him being involved again.
Baines, Jagielka, Williams have 12 months left on their contracts. We can suffer that loss and get them out the dressing room.

If I was a manager going into this club I'd easily be able to see from the outside that there's a core of passive aggressive refuseniks in that dressing room and that the ring leaders of it are easily identifiable via their seniority. I'd also be looking to get Ferguson and Jeffers out of the club.

If we are to move forward and are serious about it we need those characters out ASAP.

Baines, Jagielka, Williams have 12 months left on their contracts. We can suffer that loss and get them out the dressing room.

If I was a manager going into this club I'd easily be able to see from the outside that there's a core of passive aggressive refuseniks in that dressing room and that the ring leaders of it are easily identifiable via their seniority. I'd also be looking to get Ferguson and Jeffers out of the club.

If we are to move forward and are serious about it we need those characters out ASAP.

...I don’t have a problem with Baines and Jagielka. Good professionals but I don’t have an insight into the dressing room. Much depends on who comes in, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Baines is given a 12 month contract extension. I do agree that both should slide back in the pecking order, the fact they haven’t is a reflection of an inept transfer strategy.

The cull has to extend into the dressing room.

If Brands retains the likes of Baines, Jagielka, Williams, Schneiderlin etc then the whole structure is built on sand. If he or the new manager coming in avoid making those crucial decisions nothing has changed.

Many of us agree Dave but it is not easy getting shut of them, add to your list Mirallas for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.