7th place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things have come to a pretty awful pass when we are debating whether we can catch Burnley for 7th. This is one of the worst seasons I can remember

I'm beyond caring at this point and can't say we deserve it. We are so far away from where we would have hoped going into the season. For me we should have had the season that Arsenal are having. That for me would have represented decent, steady progress on last year. Instead we have this mess. Despite an easy run in, we may even finish 10th if we don't shape ourselves.

I'm beyond caring at this point and can't say we deserve it. We are so far away from where we would have hoped going into the season. For me we should have had the season that Arsenal are having. That for me would have represented decent, steady progress on last year. Instead we have this mess. Despite an easy run in, we may even finish 10th if we don't shape ourselves.

Looking at Saints playing at Arsenal yesterday I would not be banking on us beating them.

Swansea will be very tough this week.

Sam is already patting himself on the back for “saving” us and no doubt this will be reflectec in the effort on the pitch.

Season over as far as I am concerned.

And because I have a feeling he will still be here come August I cannot even look forward with owt like optimism to what next season might bring :mad:

Things have come to a pretty awful pass when we are debating whether we can catch Burnley for 7th. This is one of the worst seasons I can remember

They have but people also seem to have very short memories.

20 years ago we survived on the final day finishing 17th, below such English superpowers as Sheffield Wednesday, Wimbledon, Coventry, Derby and West Ham. We have underachieved for the vast majority of the last 30 years.

Reactions: Tak

They have but people also seem to have very short memories.

20 years ago we survived on the final day finishing 17th, below such English superpowers as Sheffield Wednesday, Wimbledon, Coventry, Derby and West Ham. We have underachieved for the vast majority of the last 30 years.
I didn't say it was the worst, merely one of the worst

Reactions: Tak
Quite possibly, especially if they manage to get through to the poisoned chalice that is the Europa League group stage. Don't thnk their squad is big/strong enough to manage it.

True, but it doesn't change the fact that every time I see Ashley Barnes in action I want to strangle everyone at Everton who thought it was a good idea to wait on Giroud for 3 months.

Barnes and Tosun would have been worth a shot. Oh wait, we don't do two up top, instead we have a striker who couldn't hit a cow's arpse with a banjo in a pseudo LW position. Sake.

Although I don't want us in Europe next season, letting Burnley get it is the biggest embarrassment ever

We SHOULD (we won't) win all our games till the end of the season as everyone we play is below us. Leicester and Burnley play each other next week but both teams play 2 of the top 6 before the end of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.