777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am disappointed by this whole episode. Disappointed that the best offer we have is from a firm with
bad PR, shallow pockets and no obvious strategy, disappointed that our valuation
is so far from Man. Utd's and is so cheap. Also disappointed that Moshiri is happy to accept a big loss
so long as he gets out.

Hard to see how EFC can challenge Newcastle, City and the top table now.

I’d take a draw right now mate.

Said yesterday, it wouldn’t surprise me if this whole situation is another flatter to deceive scenario. We have an ego maniac refusing to let go despite all the scummy tactics he’s green lit.

People are already talking about the need for stability once again, it’s a very boring cycle that repeats itself and hardly anyone who’s voice carry weight in the media/fan perspective calls it out.View attachment 227937

View attachment 227938

Remember signing Dacourt, Matterazzi and Collins then needing to sell them within 12 months, never see that get mentioned much, was that Bill, was prob pre interweb.

So you're saying that it only counts as spending money if the owner does it at a loss out of his own pocket?

That still feels like a little bit of a stretch for me, though, because that line of argument assumes that all of the owners of the other clubs aren't doing the same thing - raising ticket prices, concessions, etc. If only the American owners were doing that, then ok, but I don't think that's the case. I'm pretty sure I remember pretty recent complaints about Everton trying to raise ticket prices too, and of course they'll be going up in the new stadium no matter what nationality the owner is at the time.

Not to mention that if the owners really wanted to, they could just pocket all of that extra money from the fans. They're not obligated to spend it on buying players or anything else. So if they do turn around and reinvest a large portion of it, then I don't see how that's not spending money.

Look, I'm not trying to say the American owners are generous angels, but neither are any of the other owners by the same criteria. Honestly, I think it would be great if all of the Premier League clubs were owned by the fans as a first option (something akin to the German model) or at least by rich English people if they must be owned by rich people. But right now today the two realistic options for new ownership for a Premier League club are either American or Saudi / Qatari.

I just think the arguments floating around to say that the American option is worse than the Saudi option are disingenuous (none of my points are necessarily directed solely at you in particular). Nobody is doing any of this out of the kindness of their hearts. They're all in it to make money, whatever their nationality. If the Saudis aren't being blatant about taking immediate profits, it's because for them it's a longer-term play to sportswash their country's reputation on the world stage, so they can cash in on that enhanced reputation in so many different ways later on.
Americans would be fine if they’re willing to sort the club out and invest money. Nothing I have read about 777 suggests they will.

Ideally they have us at the top of the pyramid with the other clubs being our feeders. Can’t see it happening and they are likely to drain any money they can

Give me a shady country willing to invest vast sums to sportswash. Time to get back up with there with the big boys and to win something. Anyone with that amount of money is likely to be shady. I’ll look past that with a few trophies- some won’t I respect that but I just want to win now

Last edited:
Who knows what's going on, I would have thought that something like that would be cleared before any announcement was made. Doesn't really help the credibility of the Mail story that they refer to Rights and Media Funding by the wrong name throughout.

All very odd isn’t it? Did Bobble not suggest that the creditors were satisfied with the deal? Not having a pop by the way, just wondering if these are conflicting sources or whatever?

I thought my credit card repayments were bad never mind £600k a week lol

I am disappointed by this whole episode. Disappointed that the best offer we have is from a firm with
bad PR, shallow pockets and no obvious strategy, disappointed that our valuation
is so far from Man. Utd's and is so cheap. Also disappointed that Moshiri is happy to accept a big loss
so long as he gets out.

Hard to see how EFC can challenge Newcastle, City and the top table now.
Your disappointed are valuation is lower than United’s…. Seriously?.

There’s probably not many people out there that want to buy a club that’s in massive debt, losing money, have a court case looming, have a squad worth a Mars bar, and need to find 300m to finish a stadium. Oh…… and need 500m to buy the a club that’s staring at relegation for what could be a third year in a row.

I always thought it was likely, having exhausted the ability to blame outcomes on managers, with fans then turning their attention to ‘sack the board’, what would fans then do if and when results weren’t up to standard under a new board? How many boards and owners would then need to be sacked?

Moshiri has always appeared to have questionable judgment around people (he’s an accountant, foreign) and so perhaps not surprising if forced out that he’s then found a questionable group to buy his shares

The expectation levels of fans are too high though, patience is too low and some are too quick to sink into negativity, which brings the club down. At what point are the fans going to be put properly under the microscope here?

I always thought it was likely, having exhausted the ability to blame outcomes on managers, with fans then turning their attention to ‘sack the board’, what would fans then do if and when results weren’t up to standard under a new board? How many boards and owners would then need to be sacked?

Moshiri has always appeared to have questionable judgment around people (he’s an accountant, foreign) and so perhaps not surprising if forced out that he’s then found a questionable group to buy his shares

The expectation levels of fans are too high though, patience is too low and some are too quick to sink into negativity, which brings the club down. At what point are the fans going to be put properly under the microscope here?
Moshiri is British
Just saying

We can’t really blame the financial mismanagement and bonkers recruiting on the fans though?

Expectations have been too high but I think, ultimately, it is the job of the owner and the board to manage expectations, have a plan to improve the club and stick to it. They didn’t.