777 Partners - Revised Poll Added 07/05/2024

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But doesn’t that tell you how corrupt the league is? Middle Easterns with bad reputations for homophobia, murder, oil hoarding etc is perfectly fine in their eyes but god forbid a portfolio collector get involved with one of their clubs, can’t have that oh no siree
I think 666 Partners will likely be even more disastrous for Everton than Kenwright and Moshiri are/were, but I'd still be more comfortable with a coke-snorting Yank than a head-chopping, women-subjugating, gay-persecuting oil fundamentalist taking over.

I think 666 Partners will likely be even more disastrous for Everton than Kenwright and Moshiri are/were, but I'd still be more comfortable with a coke-snorting Yank than a head-chopping, women-subjugating, gay-persecuting oil fundamentalist taking over.

At least you know where you stand with a coke-snorting yank owner. They won't hide they're here to make money off our carcass

At least you know where you stand with a coke-snorting yank owner. They won't hide they're here to make money off our carcass
Everton need someone to turn the business side around and to improve us commercially. I dont know why people are so against that.

We've just had a summer where we didn't even reinvest money from sales never mind invest in the squad. Why are people acting like Moshiri was still spending enormous sums on players? We have a big negative net spend over the last 3 or 4 windows

We need someone to come in and make tough decisions. Everyone and every position should be under review. Everyone will have to prove themselves under new owners. Its exactly what is needed.

Everton need someone to turn the business side around and to improve us commercially. I dont know why people are so against that.

We've just had a summer where we didn't even reinvest money from sales never mind invest in the squad. Why are people acting like Moshiri was still spending enormous sums on players? We have a big negative net spend over the last 3 or 4 windows

We need someone to come in and make tough decisions. Everyone and every position should be under review. Everyone will have to prove themselves under new owners. Its exactly what is needed.

There's no real evidence that they would do that based on their history. We're assuming it because they're capitalist American's and would be silly not to.

What will stay the same though is the reliance on having a manager to pull rabbits out the hat every season because these aren't going to pump money into the playing squad.

They choose the wrong gaffer and this data metric they have doesn't work...we're toast.

There's no real evidence that they would do that based on their history. We're assuming it because they're capitalist American's and would be silly not to.

What will stay the same though is the reliance on having a manager to pull rabbits out the hat every season because these aren't going to pump money into the playing squad.

They choose the wrong gaffer and this data metric they have doesn't work...we're toast.
Reinvesting what we bring in would be a big improvement on the last 12 months

I think there's way too much analysis being done on very short periods of time at these other clubs, especially since they are all clubs needing to be turned around. They might well turn out to be poor owners, but we don't know yet. We know for sure things won't get better under Moshiri.

I didnt say it means ruin, I said the majority have no interest in investing money.

Out of all the clubs you mentioned, before Chelsea, the Villa owners were the only 1s to spend money on their clubs.

Big Red, Arsenal and Utd earn vast sums of money from their commercial deals and match day, they milk their fans.

I also said yesterday that if these fellas get some good people involved, it could be ok for us.

I voted unsure, but I also said we should wait, see and judge on them on what happens next.
I'm having trouble understanding what you mean by not spending money, though. Obviously Liverpool, Arsenal, and United haven't needed new stadiums or anything since their American owners took over, so that's not really an issue. I can't speak for any rises in ticket prices or the like, but all of those mentioned have absolutely spent tons of money on players. I know there are a lot of smaller things to spend money on here and there as well, but I would think when most people think of owners spending money, it's #1 on players and #2 on facilities. The Americans have done that.

Heck, even Foley at Bournemouth has been investing in players since he came in last year.

If I have the info right, these teams have ownership that is all or partly American:

Arsenal
Aston Villa
Bournemouth
Burnley
Chelsea
Crystal Palace
Fulham
Liverpool
Manchester United

I'd say maybe Palace, Fulham, Burnley (though the owners are still relatively new) probably haven't invested a lot, but that's hardly a majority.

Reinvesting what we bring in would be a big improvement on the last 12 months

I think there's way too much analysis being done on very short periods of time at these other clubs, especially since they are all clubs needing to be turned around. They might well turn out to be poor owners, but we don't know yet. We know for sure things won't get better under Moshiri.

You are right there.

And I do agree with you as I was going to make a similar point. They've only owned those clubs since 2021 when the clubs were already on their arse. They may have some model that takes a couple of seasons to fully bare fruit.

I'm having trouble understanding what you mean by not spending money, though. Obviously Liverpool, Arsenal, and United haven't needed new stadiums or anything since their American owners took over, so that's not really an issue. I can't speak for any rises in ticket prices or the like, but all of those mentioned have absolutely spent tons of money on players. I know there are a lot of smaller things to spend money on here and there as well, but I would think when most people think of owners spending money, it's #1 on players and #2 on facilities. The Americans have done that.

Heck, even Foley at Bournemouth has been investing in players since he came in last year.

If I have the info right, these teams have ownership that is all or partly American:

Arsenal
Aston Villa
Bournemouth
Burnley
Chelsea
Crystal Palace
Fulham
Liverpool
Manchester United

I'd say maybe Palace, Fulham, Burnley (though the owners are still relatively new) probably haven't invested a lot, but that's hardly a majority.
My point is the fans support these clubs, not their owners.

Is that not how it should be? Owner builds a club that more fans want to spend money on, fans spend money, and then that money is put into the running of the club?

So you're saying that it only counts as spending money if the owner does it at a loss out of his own pocket?

That still feels like a little bit of a stretch for me, though, because that line of argument assumes that all of the owners of the other clubs aren't doing the same thing - raising ticket prices, concessions, etc. If only the American owners were doing that, then ok, but I don't think that's the case. I'm pretty sure I remember pretty recent complaints about Everton trying to raise ticket prices too, and of course they'll be going up in the new stadium no matter what nationality the owner is at the time.

Not to mention that if the owners really wanted to, they could just pocket all of that extra money from the fans. They're not obligated to spend it on buying players or anything else. So if they do turn around and reinvest a large portion of it, then I don't see how that's not spending money.

Look, I'm not trying to say the American owners are generous angels, but neither are any of the other owners by the same criteria. Honestly, I think it would be great if all of the Premier League clubs were owned by the fans as a first option (something akin to the German model) or at least by rich English people if they must be owned by rich people. But right now today the two realistic options for new ownership for a Premier League club are either American or Saudi / Qatari.

I just think the arguments floating around to say that the American option is worse than the Saudi option are disingenuous (none of my points are necessarily directed solely at you in particular). Nobody is doing any of this out of the kindness of their hearts. They're all in it to make money, whatever their nationality. If the Saudis aren't being blatant about taking immediate profits, it's because for them it's a longer-term play to sportswash their country's reputation on the world stage, so they can cash in on that enhanced reputation in so many different ways later on.

Can you provide one or two US club owners in England that have done an effective job and the fans were happy?

Because as far as i can see US owners hinder rather than help.

Clearly a state backed club would be far superior to this.

Yes there should be alot of investors into Everton...just like there should have been when Moshiri came in.

There may well be...but the terms set probably are not favourable.

Nailed it. Really dont want American owners...who would want them? Its insane.

Clearly the business could be run more efficiently but the profits go back to the US rather than investing and building the club.
Arsenal?

Arsenal
Aston Villa
Bournemouth
Burnley
Chelsea
Crystal Palace
Fulham
Liverpool
Manchester United

Maybe review the other clubs they own. See what their fans think.

I don’t mean to absolve any of the ethical concerns over Saudi ownership or any of the others. But at the end of the day they are essentially diplomats investing in a foreign business and their ownership doesn’t affect the club apart from cash injection. Everton won’t suddenly become a haven for all of these heinous beliefs and ideals.

You know what will affect Everton? When 777 are potentially charged with whatever crimes they are committing or these cases drag on. Just having this stink in the club will have a negative impact. I hope for our sake it’s absolved if they take over and we hear the end of it.