777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m sorry but even being in the championship would have a detrimental impact on the city and the stadium.

He’s blocked me, and it’s not me it’s his influence on the fan base which is why he’s being mentioned. Either way I’ll leave it now.

That influence your referring to mate is only increased when it's all that's constantly being discussed in our most trafficked thread. I get what you're saying but it's counter productive.

From a self interest POV, it's monopolising discussion in here which I'll also make effort to avoid/discourage.

We need a GOT podcast, think of the merchandise sales....

Great idea. We'll get to 1,000 listens and paywall/clickbait the arse out of it. @BullensRoad set it up mate.

If they paused we would have never gone back to it. There isn't a good time to spend £750 Million, ever.
That is true and I think we were too far advanced in the build when the conflict started , to pause.
I think we may have incurred penalty clauses for failure to complete and may even have been compelled to return the site to its original state .
But as much as we needed a new stadium and I admired its design , it has indeed broken us and has become a millstone around our neck.
It will take decades before it begins to repay the outlay and we receive the financial benefits.
I have personally gone from being excited by its construction to viewing it with a mixture of disinterest and repugnance.

That is true and I think we were too far advanced in the build when the conflict started , to pause.
I think we may have incurred penalty clauses for failure to complete and may even have been compelled to return the site to its original state .
But as much as we needed a new stadium and I admired its design , it has indeed broken us and has become a millstone around our neck.
It will take decades before it begins to repay the outlay and we receive the financial benefits.
I have personally gone from being excited by its construction to viewing it with a mixture of disinterest and repugnance.

Think you need to just wait to see what position we are in when it all shakes out.

As long as the finance can be arranged so the repayments work out to be the difference of what it makes itself then it is a good move, despite the pain we are going through now. If someone gave you the choice you can stay at Goodison or move to this effectively for free I believe we would take it.

Eventually we will pay it down where the income starts to make a meaningful difference. As I've promoted before as owners cannot just sink money into the club, this could give them an opportunity to get around that by taking over the payments and suddenly the club will be up to 50 million a year better off (I don't believe 777 will do this - it will be others further down the line). There is hope if we can overcome the hurdles.

Good point but to be fair you need to have 750m to spend in the first place, or at least be confident it can be found safely and securly.. If not it's toxic debt time sadly and all that goes with it.
It is reminiscent of when we built the main stand and the cost inhibited the money available to Catterick.
We went from being Champions and the team that was predicted to dominate the 70s to also rans as a result.
And the new main stand wasn’t as impressive as what it replaced either.

Think you need to just wait to see what position we are in when it all shakes out.

As long as the finance can be arranged so the repayments work out to be the difference of what it makes itself then it is a good move, despite the pain we are going through now. If someone gave you the choice you can stay at Goodison or move to this effectively for free I believe we would take it.

Eventually we will pay it down where the income starts to make a meaningful difference. As I've promoted before as owners cannot just sink money into the club, this could give them an opportunity to get around that by taking over the payments and suddenly tge club will be up to 50 million a year better off. There is hope if we can overcome the hurdles.
Will also have to see how much of the cost is loaded onto the supporters.
If the price rise is steep it may prevent me buying a ST for the first time in 40 odd years.
At which point I’m out , I’m afraid.

If they paused we would have never gone back to it. There isn't a good time to spend £750 Million, ever.
If I remember correctly both Arsenal and Spurs stopped spending and dropped backwards when building their stadia. It has put them in a stronger position now though. We need to increase our income significantly to even semi compete.

Complete new Board, new Stadium and hopefully a firmer footing going forward.

Need to wait for the storm to pass though

Will also have to see how much of the cost is loaded onto the supporters.
If the price rise is steep it may prevent me buying a ST for the first time in 40 odd years.
At which point I’m out , I’m afraid.
That’s difficult isn’t it. I think it is inevitable that we see big price rises even if over a period. They will look at the waiting list and wonder where they can pitch it to maximise income

I dunno, ive missed "proper" football these last 2 weeks, I suppose my Grandsons energy is rubbing off on me, hes been bouncing around for the last few weeks counting down the days till we play Burnley cos hes going.

it’s missed the moaning goat

that’ll resume tomorrow

if we could just f win and for once have a nice weekend

Good point but to be fair you need to have 750m to spend in the first place, or at least be confident it can be found safely and securly.. If not it's toxic debt time sadly and all that goes with it.

A club like ours will never have that kind of money. By the time we do it will be £1.5 billion you need and so on.

To make the money you either need to be consistently successful to generate the kind of sponsorship deals and foreign fanbase that the big clubs have. Problem is you are asking to do that on a match day budget that is 15/20 million down on Villa, Newcastle and West Ham. It's chicken and egg stuff, we would need to be perfect in everything we do for years to try and bridge that gap.

I would rather go for it and fail than see every other club with a bit of vision overtake us.

I was on a space where The Esk came on last night, he isn`t part of a consortium but he knows someone personally who is part of the consortium waiting in the wings.

Obv didn`t want to divulge who without their permission which, if I told someone something in confidence I`d hope they`d keep it to themselves until I was ready to tell.

I can only assume he knows the details of any deal this other party will want, he will know whether they will have money to clear debts. My other assumption is that they won`t be debt funded, this being the biggest critical part of his opposition towards 777. I can only, again assume, that being so close to the other consortium he can see that is a better future for EFC, in his opinion.

Critics might say he has "skin in the game".... TBH I don`t know his motives and I wouldn`t want to comment, I just know from my research I have done and the journalists from Josimar, The New York Times, The Guardian, Bloomberg, The Washington Post and other massive news agencies that pay for some of this data, that they are bad news.

Can all of these respectable outlets be wrong?
777 Partners are grifters at best, a cover for Usmanov at worst.

But the idea that the Esk knows anything is preposterous. He's been hilariously wrong about so many things: Witsel and Mata, Usmanov selling shares to Kroenke, Usmanov investing in Everton, Bill Kenwright's departure as chairman (with even a date suggested as fact), and the PSR breach in January.

Some of these predictions - stated as definitive fact by the man himself - were not simply unfortunate hostages to fortune. Some of them required nothing more than simple judgement calls (on whether Usmanov would sell to Kroenke, for example), and yet he was invariably wrong.

He's an enthusiast with a massive sense of his own importance. I enjoy his podcasts with the brothers - but I listen for the brothers, mainly, who, together, bring a sense of anger and incredulity which is sometimes comically entertaining. On the podcasts, the Esk seems distracted and a little unprepared. His online persona seems to reflect that.

Last edited:
A club like ours will never have that kind of money. By the time we do it will be £1.5 billion you need and so on.

To make the money you either need to be consistently successful to generate the kind of sponsorship deals and foreign fanbase that the big clubs have. Problem is you are asking to do that on a match day budget that is 15/20 million down on Villa, Newcastle and West Ham. It's chicken and egg stuff, we would need to be perfect in everything we do for years to try and bridge that gap.

I would rather go for it and fail than see every other club with a bit of vision overtake us.
We need to fire the entire existing commercial team and hire a proper one. They should be incentivised to make money. The stadium needs to be a 52 week a year money making machine not a 20 day a year one