777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We need to fire the entire existing commercial team and hire a proper one. They should be incentivised to make money. The stadium needs to be a 52 week a year money making machine not a 20 day a year one

To be fair they know this and have addressed it with bars/restaurants that will be open all year round and the ability to have events on the plaza that can be ticketed effectively with the walls we have, without the issue and expense of erecting temporary fencing.

Of course everyone should be doing everything going forward to get those events all through the good weather period. Take the big gigs away from Anfield and into our pockets and so on.

Yep
And I suspect as the yanks are coming I will be going , sadly .
Too much for too little in a post Brexit world were the pressure on wages continues to drive them downward in relative terms.

Sorry to hear that, it's definitely not good value for money at the moment so I can empathise with anyone weighing up that choice. Sadly there are people waiting in the wings and the club won't care where that money is coming from.

To be fair they know this and have addressed it with bars/restaurants that will be open all year round and the ability to have events on the plaza that can be ticketed effectively with the walls we have, without the issue and expense of erecting temporary fencing.

Of course everyone should be doing everything going forward to get those events all through the good weather period. Take the big gigs away from Anfield and into our pockets and so on.
Yes to be fair Goodison is totally unsuitable as a modern stadium

Couldn’t agree more. Weddings, corporate use, music, everton hosted events …. Pack them in. Fill it daily.

A club like ours will never have that kind of money. By the time we do it will be £1.5 billion you need and so on.

To make the money you either need to be consistently successful to generate the kind of sponsorship deals and foreign fanbase that the big clubs have. Problem is you are asking to do that on a match day budget that is 15/20 million down on Villa, Newcastle and West Ham. It's chicken and egg stuff, we would need to be perfect in everything we do for years to try and bridge that gap.

I would rather go for it and fail than see every other club with a bit of vision overtake us.
Agree to a lot you say there to some extent but you do really have to be able to live with in your means and have a plan of how you can see an optimistic venture like this to its conclusion without turning to loan sharks midway through mate, every business large or small works by those basic rules.
As it stands now we have Moshiri and Usmanov wanting as much of the money they've splashed out back, we have 200m to repay 777 and rising monthly, we owe MSP and others countless millions and have a stadium to complete, that's before you even consider the spend to rebuild a very poor football team, which in all honesty should come first.. Who now on this planet can take that on? I'm like you usually, ie a glass half full sort of person but this now is like contemplating the universe, I just can't get my head around it when i try to think about it. Without some serious climb downs/walk aways/monies written off I cannot see how we get out of this intact and actually owning that new stadium all under the name and ownership of Everton FC. Truly hoping for a miracle now.

Sorry to hear that, it's definitely not good value for money at the moment so I can empathise with anyone weighing up that choice. Sadly there are people waiting in the wings and the club won't care where that money is coming from.
Yeah
As is often said it is less and less the working man’s sport , except when viewed from afar.
It is becoming more of a middle class pursuit these days as all those overpriced ‘ experiences ‘ at BMD illustrate .

Pumping more millions in that they have had to borrow from elsewhere, this isn`t their money, they have loaned it with interest and then loaned it to EFC with ineterest... If they take over the £200m becomes equity but we will still have to pay their interest on that £200m, if they don`t take over we will pay the interest on that £200m loan.

They don`t lose either way and I suspect that the interest rate we pay will be more than the interest they have with their finance source.
Not disputing that.
Remind me what the alternative is again?

Agree to a lot you say there to some extent but you do really have to be able to live with in your means and have a plan of how you can see an optimistic venture like this to its conclusion without turning to loan sharks midway through mate, every business large or small works by those basic rules.
As it stands now we have Moshiri and Usmanov wanting as much of the money they've splashed out back, we have 200m to repay 777 and rising monthly, we owe MSP and others countless millions and have a stadium to complete, that's before you even consider the spend to rebuild a very poor football team, which in all honesty should come first.. Who now on this planet can take that on? I'm like you usually, ie a glass half full sort of person but this now is like contemplating the universe, I just can't get my head around it when i try to think about it. Without some serious climb downs/walk aways/monies written off I cannot see how we get out of this intact and actually owning that new stadium all under the name and ownership of Everton FC. Truly hoping for a miracle now.

If they were to design a stadium after the war it would look a lot different from what it does now for sure. Events have done us up like a kipper, no one could have predicted interest rates to go that high, at the same time taking away our main source of funding.

Eventually it will come back to us having such a stadium after we have gone through the pain. Anyone who took out a mortgage when they were young knows how it feels. It does get easier though (usually).

Events is fair enough but why would you go to a bar there when town is a mile up the road?

It's going to more for Evertonians for sure. That said the views over the Mersey from the top floor should be a pull. It will be down to fit and finish in the end. When the redevelopment of Nelson dock and alike is complete then there will be more punters around.

Not disputing that.
Remind me what the alternative is again?
The alternatives are :-

Moshiri regains control of the club, employs competent people and pays off the debt and finishes the stadium. Then in a year or so sells it with a complete stadium for nearer £1bn or maybe even more.

Or lowers his price to bring other parties in to the equation, the only reason 777 is ongoing for so long is he knows he isn`t getting up to £130m from anyone else when the club is saddled with 100s of millions in debt and making a loss of £20m a month. Obviously they can`t get approved as yet so we are stuck in limbo...

If he reduces his price OR fans force him to reduce the price something will happen, did the fans make this mess or Moshiri and the clowns HE employed?

I am not ITK so I don`t know if he has offers, I can see many outlets like Bloomberg are reporting there is, but to suggest there is no offers just because no none on here or online are not aware of any would be wrong IMO.

It isn`t a binary decision that it is 777 or adminstration, Moshiri loses almost everything going in to administration, so that is the reason Moshiri will not allow it.

I think Moshiri would get more selling the club for £1 (One Pound) and getting his loans paid out than he would if the club went in to administration.

Moshiri regains control of the club, employs competent people and pays off the debt and finishes the stadium. Then in a year or so sells it with a complete stadium for nearer £1bn or maybe even more.

Or lowers his price to bring other parties in to the equation, the only reason 777 is ongoing for so long is he knows he isn`t getting up to £130m from anyone else when the club is saddled with 100s of millions in debt and making a loss of £20m a month. Obviously they can`t get approved as yet so we are stuck in limbo...

If he reduces his price OR fans force him to reduce the price something will happen, did the fans make this mess or Moshiri and the clowns HE employed?

I am not ITK so I don`t know if he has offers, I can see many outlets like Bloomberg are reporting there is, but to suggest there is no offers just because no none on here or online are not aware of any would be wrong IMO.

It isn`t a binary decision that it is 777 or adminstration, Moshiri loses almost everything going in to administration, so that is the reason Moshiri will not allow it.

I think Moshiri would get more selling the club for £1 (One Pound) and getting his loans paid out than he would if the club went in to administration.

This is not an alternative.

Mosh checked out the day the day the UK gov started considering his paymaster as persona non grata.
Safe to say he (or Uzzy) won’t be putting another brass razzoo into Everton.
As for whether it’s a binary decision or not, I tend to think it is. Anyone else interested (if they even exist) is waiting for administration it would appear, so 777 or admin it is unfortunately.
Personally in those circumstances I’d rather 777 than the alternitve.
Admin would be catastrophic for the club imho, and that’s saying something given how bad things appear currently 😢

Definitely can’t be rebuilt or modernised either. Completely out of the question.

Might get some people saying we could have with some jarg case studies.
I think you will find if you read through these very pages it absolutely could be redeveloped to a 60k+ seater with far more corporate and larger F&B facilities than BMD is getting.
It simply required:
1) The will to do so.
2) A vial of Hank Pym’s ‘Pym Particles’ to get it to fit.