6 fans arrested on two coaches heading to Cardiff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridic...

After Millwall, Watford we were gonna have a rod for our own back, but pulling over coaches and seizing alcohol... is alcohol a crime? No. What actually are the laws behind drinking as a passenger?

Yes, football fans on coaches to matches are banned from drinking alcohol. No other sport. Also if you catch the train to the match you can drink however much you want.

Yes, football fans on coaches to matches are banned from drinking alcohol. No other sport. Also if you catch the train to the match you can drink however much you want.
Well, that's not entirely true.

The Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc.) Act 1985 means it is an offence to be in possession of alcohol on the way to a designated sporting event.

This does include possession of alcohol on the railways or other PSVs, while there are also quite ambiguous yet equally draconian by-laws which state:

4.1 No person shall enter or remain on the railway where such person is unfit to enter or remain on the railway as a result of being in a state of intoxication.

4.2 Where reasonable notice is, or has been, given prohibiting intoxicating liquor on any train service, no person shall have any intoxicating liquor with him on it, or attempt to enter such a train with intoxicating liquor with him.

4.3 Where an authorised person reasonably believes that any person is unfit to enter or remain on the railway,or has with him intoxicating liquor contrary to Byelaw 4(2), an authorised person may: (i) require him to leave the railway; and (ii) prevent him entering or remaining on the railway until an authorised person is satisfied that he has no intoxicating liquor with him and/or is no longer in an unfit condition.

There's a fair few others parts as well which mean if you're deemed unfit (for numerous reasons) you can be asked to leave.

The issue with the train is whether the train is principally being used to take people to or from a match, which means it is often overlooked or is unenforceable.

You'd think the police had better things to do. I mean I don't agree with taking coke and I can't really understand why you'd need it when going the match. Just imagine sitting next to these divvies, while they're coked of their heads. But to be honest you find it everywhere now. Probably find it in the hospitality areas and boardrooms, it would explain some of our signings.

You'd think the police had better things to do. I mean I don't agree with taking coke and I can't really understand why you'd need it when going the match. Just imagine sitting next to these divvies, while they're coked of their heads. But to be honest you find it everywhere now. Probably find it in the hospitality areas and boardrooms, it would explain some of our signings.
Hospitality and boardroom tac is pure pyar mush..

Status
Not open for further replies.