5 games to go - as good as it gets or can it be maintained?

Status
Not open for further replies.
didn't know his dad was with us K. Still time for you to squeeze in a few more Everton trophies mate such as

7 league titles
6 fa cups
5 league cups
4 cl trophies
3 el trophies
2 charity shields
1 world club cup

well I've got that in mind just for the next 10 years mate lol ;)

Mac....I am absolutely refusing to di before I see EFC crowned champions of England at least one more time ;)

And yes, Billy Kenny snr. was among a raft of young players blooded by Harry in the very early seventies.

Sadly he never nailed a regular first team place the way contemporaries like Dave Johnson and Mick Lyons did.

Mac....I am absolutely refusing to di before I see EFC crowned champions of England at least one more time ;)

And yes, Billy Kenny snr. was among a raft of young players blooded by Harry in the very early seventies.

Sadly he never nailed a regular first team place the way contemporaries like Dave Johnson and Mick Lyons did.

let's get the ball rolling next season with some silverware mate. I really think Ronald can get us one or two whilst he's here ;)

Think we'll draw against Chelsea, lose to arsenal and win the other 2. 7 points, 65 point total, 7th place.

Tbf, 60 points is the minimum we should be looking for each season. And given the autumn rut, we can be pleased with that and look to kick on next season.

Think we'll draw against Chelsea, lose to arsenal and win the other 2. 7 points, 65 point total, 7th place.

Tbf, 60 points is the minimum we should be looking for each season. And given the autumn rut, we can be pleased with that and look to kick on next season.

Perhaps some will allow what I've been saying about 70 odd points being VERY relevant to sink in now.

Perhaps some will allow what I've been saying about 70 odd points being VERY relevant to sink in now.

Tbf though, Dave. I don't think 65 points can be completely ignored as an achievement either. Since 1984/85, we've only managed 65 or better in 6 seasons, 4 of which came between 85-88.

Obviously 70+ is the target for anyone looking to get into the top 4, but as said, just gotta hope we can kick on next year. United are still in Europe and right in the mix for top 4, so it can be done.

Tbf though, Dave. I don't think 65 points can be completely ignored as an achievement either. Since 1984/85, we've only managed 65 or better in 6 seasons, 4 of which came between 85-88.

Obviously 70+ is the target for anyone looking to get into the top 4, but as said, just gotta hope we can kick on next year. United are still in Europe and right in the mix for top 4, so it can be done.
Thing is though mate, you have to go for it every match - three points. Koeman for me is too conservative away from home, more especially against the better teams.

You have to roll the dice to get CL points totals and that's not in him. He's a bit like Moyes: too concerned with avoiding a hiding from one of the big boys.

Thing is though mate, you have to go for it every match - three points. Koeman for me is too conservative away from home, more especially against the better teams.

You have to roll the dice to get CL points totals and that's not in him. He's a bit like Moyes: too concerned with avoiding a hiding from one of the big boys.

He rolled the dice against West Ham and was very proactive, sadly the dice had collectively shat themselves and he might as well of subbed Erwin on.

Looks as though it's going to be seventh this year, which is about right. The most important thing was stopping the rot, as the way things were going under Martinez, Everton would have been mixing it with West Ham and Bournemouth this season, and that's being generous.

Not really sure what to expect going forward. There have been some real high points under Koeman, but the team still doesn't look equipped to win difficult games away from home.

A few more quality options in attack would go a long way.

Agree it's the away form that's let us down, but if you think about it, if we'd turned 2-3 of our away draws into wins then we'd be right in it. I think it's encouraging that we're that close. But yes, it's something that needs to be addressed. Koeman had good away scalps at Southampton, but obviously with a team like that there's more of a nothing to lose mentality as opposed to a team with greater expectation like Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.