27 years campaign

For or against

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prior to the demonstration, such as it was, people here were saying there was an unusually high number of empty seats at Goodison. If that was the case, that was probably a far more potent form of messaging than the walkout.
The gate was 38k something, meanng at least 1500 empty, and it wasnt Arsenal as they took them all. Lets say 1500 empty seats at the start and lets say 500 walked out, was less but lets be generious, those who stay away are making the protest while a lot of the walkout then went down staris and put money into the club via food and drink

Coverage in The Times and the Guardian, Sky Sports News featured the campaign as did Talkdrivel, and Radio Merseyside !!!
That's great.

What does it actually do though?

People who will care already know the issues, People who don't care will continue to not care and think "Oh look it's Everton being Everton."

It doesn't actually do anything good or bad.

Unless I’m reading your post wrong (apologies if i am) this has nothing to do with Benitez and I’ll be honest I’m sick and tired of saying it now .
Oh it is
Benitez arrival and our massive dip in form under him fulled this 27yr protest
I have no issues with it, as people have views that should be respected
Please don’t try and say this has nothing to do with Benitez though

It may not be all of it, but it plays a factor in it

That's great.

What does it actually do though?

People who will care already know the issues, People who don't care will continue to not care and think "Oh look it's Everton being Everton."

It doesn't actually do anything good or bad.
Do you think the happy clapping does anything good or bad then

That's not true.

If the cause is clear and not confused, and the support for the team isn't compromised, it can attract thousands.

Getting Kenwright to sell up - just that single issue and no vagueness....

article-2062332-0ED389F500000578-366_1024x615_large.jpg
Lets have it right DaveKovich, there were millions on that march.

Terrible example really - Was actually a mess of mixed messages / hard to articulate grievance (stagnation through continuous improvement) / untimely - meaning the public ear was not at their disposal - sharply encapsulated by the figure bottom left.

Keioc a better example of a single issue protest that worked to an extent. Not sure it changed hearts and minds (or even had a march(?)) but it was a rallying point for everyone against Kirkby.

These clueless protestors are the equivalent of an angry pushy dad shouting at his kid to "do better" in a maths test the next day.

Does anyone think Moshiri wants Everton to lose?
I don't, but I am not as well placed as the manager or former DOF to know the best course of action re: signings.

That's not true.

If the cause is clear and not confused, and the support for the team isn't compromised, it can attract thousands.

Getting Kenwright to sell up - just that single issue and no vagueness....

article-2062332-0ED389F500000578-366_1024x615_large.jpg
No vagueness? There is literally a bloke in the front carrying a cake dressed as a clown! Why???

Coverage in The Times and the Guardian, Sky Sports News featured the campaign as did Talkdrivel, and Radio Merseyside !!!

I can sum the protest up for you in four or five bullet points Andy.

• In terms of raising awareness to the main(ish)stream media of the owner and boards lack of a grip of the running of the club - A major success
  • In terms of demonstrating the amount of feeling that match-going fans have on the subject - A bloody disaster
  • In terms of splittiing the fanbase going forward. Probably not the end of the world, some things will have got of hand, but by and large, my experience in the ground, around the ground and online was that the majority respected each others view
  • In terms of demonstrating how twitter, forums, blogs, .orgs and most other online gubbins are often echo chambers / circle jerks - job done

That's only four, but it's enough !

Lets have it right DaveKovich, there were millions on that march.

Terrible example really - Was actually a mess of mixed messages / hard to articulate grievance (stagnation through continuous improvement) / untimely - meaning the public ear was not at their disposal - sharply encapsulated by the figure bottom left.

Keioc a better example of a single issue protest that worked to an extent. Not sure it changed hearts and minds (or even had a march(?)) but it was a rallying point for everyone against Kirkby.
The rallying point that day was "sell up Kenwright".

And Moyes defended him and attacked the protestors...which was the end for him in many fans eyes. The snide began his snide tricks at that moment and he's 'kin dead to me and others who he stabbed in the back that day and later when he left.

Status
Not open for further replies.