27 years campaign

For or against

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All roads lead to the board and owner. You can’t be angry that Benitez is our manager without being angry at the person who appointed him, it doesn’t make any sense. It’s like if you go to a restaurant and end up with food poisoning, then proceed to blame the meat.

“Bloody stupid undercooked chicken, boooooo get out of my stomach”

Blame the chef who gave it to you!
but you can always blame the people who have eaten there for years and been served crap for years or yet again blame the people who stopped going because they stopped supporting the restaurant as people love the old chef and owner

All roads lead to the board and owner. You can’t be angry that Benitez is our manager without being angry at the person who appointed him, it doesn’t make any sense. It’s like if you go to a restaurant and end up with food poisoning, then proceed to blame the meat.

“Bloody stupid undercooked chicken, boooooo get out of my stomach”

Blame the chef who gave it to you!
Don’t disagree over the bad management at board level, it would be difficult to
What I will disagree with is that this protest wasn’t fuelled around the appointment of Benitez….as it simply was.

Don’t disagree over the bad management at board level, it would be difficult to
What I will disagree with is that this protest wasn’t fuelled around the appointment of Benitez….as it simply was.
Unless I’m reading your post wrong (apologies if i am) this has nothing to do with Benitez and I’ll be honest I’m sick and tired of saying it now .

As I said - there was never going to be big numbers/big exodus yesterday.

Twitter is an echo chamber and the furthest away of any digital platform that's representative of the Goodison crowd.

Even on that platform, the majority was indifferent or against;

Facebook - the closest demographic was pretty universally against;

We shouldn't be sneering or belittling the effort of fellow fans. I say well done to them - they achieved a lot in a couple of days and it sounds like they're going to keep on putting pressure - pressure which we all hope is constructive - on what is a failing boardroom and football club.

So for those at the ground - did the people return to the seats after a while? I take it you wouldn't really be sending a message if you returned.

As I said - there was never going to be big numbers/big exodus yesterday.

Twitter is an echo chamber and the furthest away of any digital platform that's representative of the Goodison crowd.

Even on that platform, the majority was indifferent or against;

Facebook - the closest demographic was pretty universally against;

We shouldn't be sneering or belittling the effort of fellow fans. I say well done to them - they achieved a lot in a couple of days and it sounds like they're going to keep on putting pressure - pressure which we all hope is constructive - on what is a failing boardroom and football club.

Twitter, forums, youtube just isn't mainstream.

People are still reading newspapers, watching TV and BBC, and talking to people over a landline telephone.

Prior to the demonstration, such as it was, people here were saying there was an unusually high number of empty seats at Goodison. If that was the case, that was probably a far more potent form of messaging than the walkout.

Prior to the demonstration, such as it was, people here were saying there was an unusually high number of empty seats at Goodison. If that was the case, that was probably a far more potent form of messaging than the walkout.
My seat was empty but that is because I am unwell. My eldest son occupied his seat and when he came home the joy on his face said it all.

Unless the majority do it, which they definitely won’t.
It won’t be noticed and just be ridiculed and look embarrassing.
Over the past 20 years any form of protest was always called ‘kopite behaviour’, that has put enough fans off trying to do anything, I can’t see enough doing it to be noticeable.
This was always going to happen, after years of ‘kopite behaviour’ shouts for any form of protest, the majority won’t get involved anymore.

This was always going to happen, after years of ‘kopite behaviour’ shouts for any form of protest, the majority won’t get involved anymore.
That's not true.

If the cause is clear and not confused, and the support for the team isn't compromised, it can attract thousands.

Getting Kenwright to sell up - just that single issue and no vagueness....

article-2062332-0ED389F500000578-366_1024x615_large.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.