27 years campaign

For or against

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The rallying point that day was "sell up Kenwright".

And Moyes defended him and attacked the protestors...which was the end for him in many fans eyes. The snide began his snide tricks at that moment and he's 'kin dead to me and others who he stabbed in the back that day and later when he left.
Only for Kenwright to sell up and the club to go backwards and into a period of worring decline, focussing on nothing but the ground and finding itself on the field in a much worse position.

Clap clap clap Bill is the greatest Evertonian in the world clap clap thank you for the stadium Farhad clap clap

200w.gif

Mate your normally a very level headed poster, I don't really get what you are trying to achieve with this?

You are against the Fat Man, against Moshiri, against Kenwright and Denise still cant work out what she does Baxendale?

And yet isn't the Fat Man of which Moshiri employed the type of coach that does things his way without interference from board level?

Isn't that what you want?

Mate your normally a very level headed poster, I don't really get what you are trying to achieve with this?

You are against the Fat Man, against Moshiri, against Kenwright and Denise still cant work out what she does Baxendale?

And yet isn't the Fat Man of which Moshiri employed the type of coach that does things his way without interference from board level?

Isn't that what you want?
Its perfectly normal to want a different fat man doing it.

Doesn't have to be fat of course.

Leaflets detailing the campaign to match goers and/or deonstrations pre or post-game I think will be the better course of action.

Think people in the ground can only get on board with banners as a form of protest in the game.

Is there a snappy way to put in a banner for Moshiri to just employ better people?

These clueless protestors are the equivalent of an angry pushy dad shouting at his kid to "do better" in a maths test the next day.

Does anyone think Moshiri wants Everton to lose?

Bit reductive that, mate. Obviously not but the manager merry go round, terrible recruitment with too many people involved and a king's ransom practically set on fire suggest that perhaps he as an owner or those who advise him could stand to make better decisions.

Oh it is
Benitez arrival and our massive dip in form under him fulled this 27yr protest
I have no issues with it, as people have views that should be respected
Please don’t try and say this has nothing to do with Benitez though

It may not be all of it, but it plays a factor in it

Others might try and make it about the manager mate but in my view, it wouldn't matter if we had prime Fergie or a scarecrow on the touchline. The problems above them would still be making the manager's job here very difficult.

This is purely to do with the owner and board and demanding at the very least some basic competency with regards to how this club is ran.

Prior to the demonstration, such as it was, people here were saying there was an unusually high number of empty seats at Goodison. If that was the case, that was probably a far more potent form of messaging than the walkout.

First thing I noticed taking my seat just before KO (top balcony) was the high number of empty seats in Lower Gwaldys, Upper Bullens and Park End.

A few factors came into play:

1) Freezing, miserable weather.
2) The team is poor, very low expectations going in.
3) It was on telly.

The walk out was as predicted, more bark than bite. People pay good money to attend and if the team is showing a bit of commitment and fight they'll generally stick around. If we'd have been a goal or two down the numbers would have been much higher. That's the fickle nature of football fans.

Personally, I applaud the groups for highlighting the failings of the club, but I can't help but feel the whole thing was conceived and put into play far too quickly. When did it first pop up? Post Derby?

"crap this, let's protest"

"Yeah, we'll have to show them we're not happy “

“How?“

“A walk out"

"sound"

A few retweets later and that was that.

It turns out it backfired massively. When people started leaving (I'd guess less than a thousand, of which over half returned) the applause and cheering ramped up.

If people want to support the team and still have impact, tennis balls on the pitch.

Even just before Kick off works, you're not interrupting the play, the directors are in the seats. Hundreds of balls on the pitch take time to clear up, during which time, chanting or whatever else can be done and then support the team vociferously as they eventually kick off. That removes any opportunity for the board friendly media to spin things as anything but a board protest.

Please, carry on protesting against our board "That is revered throughout football" (© B. Kenwright) but keep supporting the team, even if they are generally a bunch of bells.

First thing I noticed taking my seat just before KO (top balcony) was the high number of empty seats in Lower Gwaldys, Upper Bullens and Park End.

A few factors came into play:

1) Freezing, miserable weather.
2) The team is poor, very low expectations going in.
3) It was on telly.

The walk out was as predicted, more bark than bite. People pay good money to attend and if the team is showing a bit of commitment and fight they'll generally stick around. If we'd have been a goal or two down the numbers would have been much higher. That's the fickle nature of football fans.

Personally, I applaud the groups for highlighting the failings of the club, but I can't help but feel the whole thing was conceived and put into play far too quickly. When did it first pop up? Post Derby?

"crap this, let's protest"

"Yeah, we'll have to show them we're not happy “

“How?“

“A walk out"

"sound"

A few retweets later and that was that.

It turns out it backfired massively. When people started leaving (I'd guess less than a thousand, of which over half returned) the applause and cheering ramped up.

If people want to support the team and still have impact, tennis balls on the pitch.

Even just before Kick off works, you're not interrupting the play, the directors are in the seats. Hundreds of balls on the pitch take time to clear up, during which time, chanting or whatever else can be done and then support the team vociferously as they eventually kick off. That removes any opportunity for the board friendly media to spin things as anything but a board protest.

Please, carry on protesting against our board "That is revered throughout football" (© B. Kenwright) but keep supporting the team, even if they are generally a bunch of bells.
Tennis balls getting thrown onto the pitch...lollollol

Christ alive have you seen the kip of some of our fans, it'll be tennis balls bouncing of hundreds of people's heads, I couldn't imagine the likes of bonk could throw it further than 3 foot at a push.

Status
Not open for further replies.