2019/20 - Minimum Requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer to look at the league in terms of an improvement in points gained.

65 points as an end target is a stretch but not completely unreasonable. It brings us closer to the top group but we can't control what they do.

If we hit 62 I'd be happy.

That would bring us UEL qualification comfortably.

As for the cups, with no Europe we need to improve in both, the League Cup being the obvious one to focus on.

You really need to win a cup to regard it as worthwhile but in terms of minimum expectation, I'd say semi-final.
100% this.

Really depends on what the squad looks like when the seasons starts. If we keep Gomes, Zouma and Gana, bring in a quality striker and RB I'd want us to be pushing for 6th and getting a European place. Also depends on how much United and Arsenal strengthen. With Chelsea losing their transfer ban appeal which should be targeting them.

European qualification, however that comes about - and an improvement on our points total of this season

Greater than 65 points, European qualification, and FA Cup semi-final berth.

A cup semi cannot be a valid minimum requirement. This year it is possible to say given our opponents we perhaps should have done that. Next year I doubt we will be as lucky and if we draw City away in the third round we can't really hold that against Silva and the players if we get knocked out.

67 - 70 points for me.

Easily achievable by turning some of the losses into draws and some of the draws into wins.

Our start and finish to this season is probably close to the 70 point mark so no excuses next season.

Target the league cup and forget rotation. This club is desperate for a cup and we are very foolish to throw our chance at this every year. If we are to progress we need European football and this is maybe the best way to get it.

Off the field, planning permission and final renderings please.

Minimum requirement is
More wins, more Goals and more points, over 60 points minimum, and the most important thing as a minimum is that work has started on the new stadium, by the end of next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.