2019/20 - Minimum Requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a real chance that the Premier League outside of the top 2 could be completely shaken up this season. Honestly wouldn’t be shocked to see someone like Arsenal finish about 10th.
Sadly, i think not, I think people underestimate the gap between the top teams and the lower half of the league.

I struggle to see a team with Auba and Lacazzette up top for them against some of the awful teams in the league for them to finish mid table, hope I'm wrong.

I'd settle for some good football and bridging the gap to the top 6.

And it would be decent if we could avoid feeble cup exits like we had last season.

Sadly, i think not, I think people underestimate the gap between the top teams and the lower half of the league.

I struggle to see a team with Auba and Lacazzette up top for them against some of the awful teams in the league for them to finish mid table, hope I'm wrong.

I'd settle for some good football and bridging the gap to the top 6.

And it would be decent if we could avoid feeble cup exits like we had last season.

One injury to either of those strikers and they are absolutely awful mate, have you looked at their squad? As long as they keep those two fit then they’ll probably be alright, but they’re still nowhere near top 4 even with them. There’s not much in it, we can bridge that gap with the correct strategy.

I really think United will implode, Arsenal and Chelsea are extremely fragile going into the season, it's imperative we start well this year, it's important every year but with the fixture list i don't think it's an exaggeration to suggest the first 6 fixtures will shape our season.

Oh and the league cup would be super since we never won it.

One injury to either of those strikers and they are absolutely awful mate, have you looked at their squad? As long as they keep those two fit then they’ll probably be alright, but they’re still nowhere near top 4 even with them. There’s not much in it, we can bridge that gap with the correct strategy.
We'll see how it goes, I agree we can bridge the gap, but I'd disagree that arsenal will be as low as 10th.

We'll see how it goes, I agree we can bridge the gap, but I'd disagree that arsenal will be as low as 10th.

Arsenal are an interesting one.

There is talk about them bringing in Zaha and Tierney but to fund that they maybe are thinking about selling one or the other strikers. I suspect that will be PEA.

Since Arsenal moved stadium they have been left behind in terms of transfer fees but more of an issue is that they have lost far too much in terms of player value by letting players run down their contracts and then losing them on a free.Players like Ramsey, Wiltshire and whilst not quite on a free Sanchez was a cluster ****.

Around 3 months ago they made an announcement that they would no longer allow players to enter the last year of their contracts unless they weren’t going to offer an extension-instead all players would be made available for transfer when entering the last two years of their term if they weren’t agreeing to a new deal. PEA is now in the last two years of his deal and aged 30 nothing it seems is on offer to him.

As of this moment I'd place no more burden than a top 8 finish on Silva.

The squad isn't there for anything else.

Required urgently for a top 6 tilt:

2 Strikers; a starting Right Back; someone to repalce the inevitably sold Gueye; a Right Winger.

We're already labouring under the ridiculous decision to keep a washed up 35 year old as a LB alternative.

Just over one month to shift out players (FOR CASH) and get those players in.

2 Strikers; a starting Right Back; someone to repalce the inevitably sold Gueye; a Right Winger.

We're already labouring under the ridiculous decision to keep a washed up 35 year old as a LB alternative.

not really a month to shift out player, the other windows in Europe remain open longer. So the likes of Mirallas, Bolasie etc can be sold or loaned out later.

Hope we get our attacker who can play across the forward line soon.
Brands his list: Leao, Kean, Traore, Welbeck lol ? I am guessing we should go all out for Leao: Portugese, might be tempted with big wages. Cant see Kean coming as he wants to go Inter.

I think this is going to be the most wide open season for eons outside the top3. If we aren't in spitting distance(if it is wide open) of 4th everyone should be sacked.

We finished 8th with Koeman’s ‘Squad’ and Allardyce as ‘manager’. Some of the top 6 aren’t looking in too great shapes themselves. Even without additions I’d expect us to challenge for 6th, but I expect more through the door before the season starts .

Arsenal are an interesting one.

There is talk about them bringing in Zaha and Tierney but to fund that they maybe are thinking about selling one or the other strikers. I suspect that will be PEA.

Since Arsenal moved stadium they have been left behind in terms of transfer fees but more of an issue is that they have lost far too much in terms of player value by letting players run down their contracts and then losing them on a free.Players like Ramsey, Wiltshire and whilst not quite on a free Sanchez was a cluster ****.

Around 3 months ago they made an announcement that they would no longer allow players to enter the last year of their contracts unless they weren’t going to offer an extension-instead all players would be made available for transfer when entering the last two years of their term if they weren’t agreeing to a new deal. PEA is now in the last two years of his deal and aged 30 nothing it seems is on offer to him.

If they sell PEA to fund zaha someone should lose their job

We finished 8th with Koeman’s ‘Squad’ and Allardyce as ‘manager’. Some of the top 6 aren’t looking in too great shapes themselves. Even without additions I’d expect us to challenge for 6th, but I expect more through the door before the season starts .
I expect more incomings too. I have serious doubts that they'll be in the volume and quality we need to place pressure on the Euro spots though.

Status
Not open for further replies.