Homepage Update: £40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Dave's actually right about the quick thinking.

Fabregas has always played with pace.

Deulofeu is one of the quickest players I've seen, but his speed of thought is that of a sloth.
No, Daves wrong because he says we don't have these players i.e players with "pace".

No mate you must have missed the memo. @davek has redefined pace to include strength, shielding, dribbling, vision, finishing etc etc. Two of the slowest players in the prem, Giroud and Fabregas, have pace according to Dave.
I didn't say that.

I will say this.

Considering this is a player that Koeman and Walsh have identified as someone they desperately want, our pursuit so far is far from convincing.

I will say this.

Considering this is a player that Koeman and Walsh have identified as someone they desperately want, our pursuit so far is far from convincing.

Not sure why that is the case. Leicester were apparently interested and quickly batted away, the player has tried to force the move and Everton don't want to be mugged off and overpay unnecessarily.

I think it's been a smart pursuit. I don't think it's the clubs fault if the fans don't have patience.

You flip-flop more than one of Hibbos trouts Dave, and just as slippery.
No, I stated that pace for those players is the ability to surge a few metres and avoid/ride a challenge.

The distinction between that and, say, Walcott or Sterling type of speed is pretty easy to comprehend really.

Why the obsession with people who can run fast?

Pace isn't just running fast. It is speed of though, combined with first time passing and clever players finding space. We have these.

I find pace to be one of the most useless attributes in the modern game. If it were the be all, end all, then Raheem Sterling would be better than Neymar and Jordan Ibe would be up for a Ballon d'or - instead, they're utter crap and run into blind alleys constantly.

There's no point being fast when you can't identify the space to run into in the first place. That's why Giroud is 10x the striker Walcott is, for example.

Apparently Swansea have been waiting until August to save about 8 million in tax due to going into a new financial year.

Could be jarg info.

In the know me lad.

He has no clue whatsoever and is just another Z-list Everton celebrity Twitter account trying to keep any relevance he can by making up nonsense because the thing that brought him to the dance - Everton's board under Kenwright - has gone.

This is Twitter ITK cold reading at it's worst.
Correct, but worth discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.