Homepage Update: £40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, people moaning that Sandro and Lookman will have competition for places?

Arsenal for example, have Walcott, Ramsey, Ozil, Iwobi, Santa Corzola, Ox Chamberlain, Giroud, Welbeck, Sanchez, Lacazette and Xhaka essentially competing for 5 places in the side.

It's called strength in depth.

For me Sigurdsson wouldn't be our best player, Id have these ahead of him;

Davies
Schneiderlin
Gana
Keane
Pickford

+ I'd rather keep Kenny, Lookman, Sandro, Holgate than swap for him

Davies and Pickford have had one season and Gana went off the boil after ACON last season. All quality, but I wouldn't put all of those guys ahead of him just yet.

People seriously moaning at the thought of having more than 1 quality player vying for the same position? We also potentially have a very long season ahead of us. I am sure we will play varying formations too.

We have waited years for a bit of strength in depth and we are starting to see it and people moan? We need a squad not a first 11

This!

Ramirez had a cheap release clause and everyone knew about him

Onyekuru yes maybe..

Gibson and Bowler are youngsters who we are chancing on

I'm talking about signing a player cheap ready made to start for us. Ie like Kante or a mahrez when they were unknown to us and bought cheap

So you want us to find a bargain, a Mahrez or Kante as you say, but they have to be from a certain team or league for them to count and be classed as that.

So Sandro at under 6m doesn't count because he doesn't fit your criteria? lol

Who have Man u, Chelsea, City, Spurs, Arsenal, RS found for peanuts from a relatively unknown side who has gone onto be a to player? In your own time please :)

Yes mate, agree with this.
The lack of pace in the side is a bit worrying.
Will also be interesting to see how wee line up and fit everyone in.
i agree mate, pace and width in equal measure. Maybe Yannick when he's back but there is no guarantee he will have that electric pace when he returns. I also think to make the most of Sigurdsson's ability we need a proper target man.

Status
Not open for further replies.