Homepage Update: £40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
And what's your point? You want us to sign players that are 'cheap ready made to start for us', but somehow Sandro doesn't count? So what if everyone knew about him, we signed him, not them.

And if we signed loads of cheap players he'd say we're showing no ambition.

Can't win whatever we do.

It's not? You should tell Paul Clement that, because when they needed to avoid relegation, they played him there.

Beyond that, it'll be his best position to start in our side, which is why he'll play there. Honestly, I couldn't care less where he plays, he's our best player the second he puts on the jersey, so he can play wherever the heck he wants.

For me Sigurdsson wouldn't be our best player, Id have these ahead of him;

Davies
Schneiderlin
Gana
Keane
Pickford

+ I'd rather keep Kenny, Lookman, Sandro, Holgate than swap for him

For me Sigurdsson wouldn't be our best player, Id have these ahead of him;

Davies
Schneiderlin
Gana
Keane
Pickford

+ I'd rather keep Kenny, Lookman, Sandro, Holgate than swap for him
Problem is none of those better players are attackers and the only Lookman and Sandro are from the other list. Serious lack of options

So many do not rate Siggy, is that because he is a Swansea player?

The lad is very good and far better than what we have here. He is also proven in the prem. Another plus is that he wants to play for Everton. Did anyone watch him at Swansea? basically he dragged an awful team away from relegation, he made them play. "Made them play" are the words we should be excited by. He is not a world class player, but he is far better than what we have. This guy will improve us so what is not to like?

My ITK is 0%. My head tells me that things will get moving tomorrow as really we have been waiting for August to get this done. I expect he will be an Everton player very soon after. Of course, I could be wrong and so be it. However, that would be a big loss to us as this lad has got what we need.

Prices are inflated, so what? get the lad signed and cheer him on.

Problem is none of those better players are attackers and the only Lookman and Sandro are from the other list. Serious lack of options

He said Sigurdsson would be our best player when he put on our shirt...it was that point I was disagreeing with.

Also on the left of a 433 we have Sandro and Lookman. Are we now buying Sigurdsson to play there, move sandro onto the bench and stall lookmans progress?

Seems to me like a totally daft signing.

If 30mil and rotating in the centre with Gana, Schneierlin, Davies and Klaassen I could understand..

But not for 50mil, not on the left and for the money he will not as a rotation option

So many do not rate Siggy, is that because he is a Swansea player?

The lad is very good and far better than what we have here. He is also proven in the prem. Another plus is that he wants to play for Everton. Did anyone watch him at Swansea? basically he dragged an awful team away from relegation, he made them play. "Made them play" are the words we should be excited by. He is not a world class player, but he is far better than what we have. This guy will improve us so what is not to like?

My ITK is 0%. My head tells me that things will get moving tomorrow as really we have been waiting for August to get this done. I expect he will be an Everton player very soon after. Of course, I could be wrong and so be it. However, that would be a big loss to us as this lad has got what we need.

Prices are inflated, so what? get the lad signed and cheer him on.

Sandro did the same for Malaga mate.

Wheres he going to play?
Wheres Lookman going to play?

He said Sigurdsson would be our best player when he put on our shirt...it was that point I was disagreeing with.

Also on the left of a 433 we have Sandro and Lookman. Are we now buying Sigurdsson to play there, move sandro onto the bench and stall lookmans progress?

If 30mil and rotating in the centre with Gana, Schneierlin, Davies and Klaassen I could understand..

But not for 50mil, not on the left and for the money he will not as a rotation option
My guess is the left and right forward spots will be very free and thus Lookman and Sandro will play both sides as will Gylfi. Also Sandro will definitely see time as just a center forward. Given we have hopefully 50 or so games we need options and Gylfi improves those majorly

Last edited:

IMHO Sigurdsson would be a great signing. Very good player and would improve us no end. In todays market I have no problem with us paying 50 mil for him. Really hope it gets done this week.

Sandro is a striker

Status
Not open for further replies.