Homepage Update: £40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think, regardless of this signing, we are missing pace to play against the best teams.

12 of the 20 teams will come to GP, sit in and be solid. Sig, Dowell, Rooney et al... These are the games they will be most useful.

Against City away, we'll be under the cosh so having raw, electric pace is a must.

Currently with Bolasie out I don't think we have any. Lookman looks quickish but not sure if he fits the bill? Kev has lost a yard.

Still think, regardless of this signing, we are missing pace to play against the best teams.

12 of the 20 teams will come to GP, sit in and be solid. Sig, Dowell, Rooney et al... These are the games they will be most useful.

Against City away, we'll be under the cosh so having raw, electric pace is a must.

Currently with Bolasie out I don't think we have any. Lookman looks quickish but not sure if he fits the bill? Kev has lost a yard.

*19 teams

No, I stated that pace for those players is the ability to surge a few metres and avoid/ride a challenge.

The distinction between that and, say, Walcott or Sterling type of speed is pretty easy to comprehend really.

Yep I agree. It's that ability to get off the mark quickly without being a pace merchant.

We have both at the moment. Sandro makes some superb runs and is very quick off the mark. Lookman similarly has that burst of pace.

I suppose what we do lack is somebody who is then quick over 50/60 yards - well we do have that player in Bolasie, but obviously he's out until Christmas.

But, I think players who move the ball with pace are more important, and should help us bridge the gap until Bolasie returns and we have that other option.

Watched Toffee there making the most of unlimited internet after his mum has left him alone for the week whilst she gets smashed all over the place in Magaluf before heading back with a regrettable tattoo.

Icelandic runes........it's on.........

a4c48db9e89d72d2a0870bef38892d5f--icelandic-runes-norse-runes.jpg

Ramirez is quick. to be fair we beat city 4-0 we didnt have the fastest team out.

Why have we spent so much money on young players who might or might not make it when we have so many glaringly obvious positions to fill in the first team.

Sort it out Steve. We need players NOW, not in 2-3 years.

you sign them young so we have a future and hopefully not have to pay 50 million for players.etc stones if city would of developed him they wouldnt of been paying 50 million for him.

Ramirez is quick. to be fair we beat city 4-0 we didnt have the fastest team out.

The apex of 3 at the back that. Suited us perfectly the formation that day, desperately disappointed we didn't see more of it with those players in those positions, it was swiftly binned after one dodgy half at Stoke, that wasn't even that bad in all honesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.