Homepage Update: £40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why that is the case. Leicester were apparently interested and quickly batted away, the player has tried to force the move and Everton don't want to be mugged off and overpay unnecessarily.

I think it's been a smart pursuit. I don't think it's the clubs fault if the fans don't have patience.

Its not that I personally don't have the patience.

Koeman himself stated that he would like to get the players he wants in early, for obvious reasons. We are now entering August and Sigurdsson has played a solitary game at Barnet as his pre season preparations so far. I'm not saying we should throw the towel in because he's not match fit, lacking in sharpness etc, but it just strikes me as odd that we've been going back and to with Swansea over a player that we desperately want.

If we desperately wanted him, he would of been in already (like the others). All this messing about over 2/3 million is disrupting our own preparations in how we are going to set up.

I'd rather see someone with good teckers running onto a through ball via a well timed run, than to some speed merchant who'd more likely shank it into row z. Franz Carr put me off 'fast' players in the 80's, quick as lightening but terribly gash.

Apparently Swansea have been waiting until August to save about 8 million in tax due to going into a new financial year.

Could be jarg info.

In the know me lad.

Join the queue Paddy

Hi guys, Swansea fan here with a quick update of how the situation appears at our end:

The Sigurdsson deal looks inevitable, but when it will transpire is anyone's guess. At the very least, it won't be completed before August for tax reasons. Our year end accounts are in July, so the idea is that by waiting until August we can delay paying corporation tax until May 2019, a year longer than if the deal had been agreed in July. We did the same last year when our two major outgoings (Williams and Ayew) took place in August. Tax is based on the transaction date, so nothing can be agreed before then or we risk being charged with fraud.

There is also a power struggle at the Liberty with our manager and chairman Huw Jenkins in disagreement with new majority US owners Kaplan and Levien. Clement is allegedly unhappy with the player as he has become a disruptive influence and wants to see the player sold with any funds going towards replacements, with chairman Jenkins in agreement. However, the majority owners seem set on their £50m valuation. The hope was that Sigurdsson would put in a transfer request and forfeit any loyalty bonuses owed to him, but that has failed to materialise. Jenkins has since liaised with the owners and explained that we should compromise on the fee or risk facing a situation similar to Payet with West Ham. The manager is particularly annoyed as we apparently have three deals ready to go through, but won't push ahead until we have agreed a deal with Everton. It is expected that the owners will concede sooner rather than later.

Personally, I think Everton will come back in with a slightly improved offer (maybe an extra couple of million up front) and that should be enough at this stage. Deal would be undisclosed to save face. For what it's worth, I think £50m was a ridiculous valuation and I would've dealt at your second bid of £45m (£40m up front plus £5m in add-ons). Siggy is hard-working, excellent from dead ball situations and a great striker of the ball, but isn't mobile enough to command £50m.

The tax issue does make sense if they have cash flow issues. The chargeable gain wouldn't be due for payment till 9 months after the end of the July 18 period. But they will still pay at 20%. The falling rate isn't going to come soon enough.

Personally think this is just face saving not tax so I'll not bore anyone longer.

Will be Tuesday as that fits with the suggestions that for tax reasons they won't sell till August

I think anyway

It will be interesting to see if the Swansea supporter was right about the July tax issue and things move ahead tomorrow.

As with Lukaku, Sigurdsson has every opportunity to use this to negotiate a new deal with Swansea and come out and say he is staying.

He hasn't and the silence speaks volumes.

Hopefully the waiting will be over in the next 24-48 hours.

But Dave's actually right about the quick thinking.

Fabregas has always played with pace.

Deulofeu is one of the quickest players I've seen, but his speed of thought is that of a sloth.

Iniesta is a prime example. Over 100m in a sprint he wouldn't beat most players in the world, however the speed of his brain-feet coordination when he's in possession of a football is otherworldly.

Watched Toffee there making the most of unlimited internet after his mum has left him alone for the week whilst she gets smashed all over the place in Magaluf before heading back with a regrettable tattoo.

Look at the state of you.
Spend more time with your family and less time on here.

Well I usually put my foot in my mouth and only open it to change feet. Is that near brain-feet? Ach no, I've just remembered my brain is up my arse.

I want a foot brain

foot-to-brain-connection.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.