Homepage Update: £40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've said before the only difference between him and Martinez is that he got to playout his footie with Barca and Roberto got Wigan. whilst Jose is a plonker sometimes you can't argue he's taken average players and raised them too win things, Porto, the treble with Inter.... all against the odds. Pep has always had the most money, the best players and everything he's ever needed to be a success. I'd hail a great manager if he took a team like Spurs and made the champions.

I agree with pretty much everything you said to be honest. To be fair I apply the same logic to Messi, albeit I can see his obvious genius. I'd love to know if he could do it in a team that he didn't basically run and that wasn't set up to cater to him so massively.

i've said before the only difference between him and Martinez is that he got to playout his footie with Barca and Roberto got Wigan. whilst Jose is a plonker sometimes you can't argue he's taken average players and raised them too win things, Porto, the treble with Inter.... all against the odds. Pep has always had the most money, the best players and everything he's ever needed to be a success. I'd hail a great manager if he took a team like Spurs and made the champions.
Wut

They are certainly backing Pep, if they don't win the league he's going to have nowhere to hide.
They have spent 25/27 m on a stand by FB
If they get the CB they are looking at and Sanchez from Arsenal Pep will have option but to win the league and get CL semi final.
Backing your manager is one thing but their level of spending is crazy.
I know they have a good commercial dept , but there is no way they are complying with FFP with this type of spending.
I know spending is over the term of the contract and maybe they are preparing for a transfer ban but this is crazy.

If they get the CB they are looking at and Sanchez from Arsenal Pep will have option but to win the league and get CL semi final.
I know they have a good commercial dept , but there is no way they are complying with FFP with this type of spending.
I know spending is over the term of the contract and maybe they are preparing for a transfer ban but this is crazy.

Why do you think he took the job?

Unlimited kitty for whoever he wants. Bang average manager who has had it all handed on a plate - he's playing real life Football Manager.

They haven't even sold anyone of note should they get Sanchez and another centre back you're talking over 250m net spend and massive wages to consider. Yes their commercial side of things is good, but not in united's league. I really don't know how they will comply with FFP rules.

All managers are under pressure, city and united due to the amount of money they have spent. Chelsea to retain their crown and the RS because their deluded fans demand it. Which leaves us, Arsenal and Spurs under pressure to challenge for the other champions league places.

They haven't even sold anyone of note should they get Sanchez and another centre back you're talking over 250m net spend and massive wages to consider. Yes their commercial side of things is good, but not in united's league. I really don't know how they will comply with FFP rules.

I don't know a lot about FFP but I heard on SSN this morning that the transfer fee can be spread over the length of the contract to comply ( this was in relation to Neymar's proposed transfer )
Does anyone know in the past what the punishment was for breaking FFP rules
Surely a fine is irrelevant to these clubs.
Can UEFA impose a domestic points fine or a European ban ?
Could google it but can't be bothered

Uncertain Weasel, I like it

Index (mainly because it is very thin pickings this week)
Got to question this approach. Someone earlier today said "Gylfi will sign" and you said it wasn't index-worthy. I feel like all that is certain is crumbling in the face of us not singing anyone for a few days.

tumblr_otksaoU34o1u034pso6_400.gif

My missus says she feels a lot of burning afterwards! :blush:

The Abu Dhabi Government are streets ahead of Moshiri and Kenwrong. Pointless even worrying about FFP as they'll easily get around it somehow.

Oh look, the Guardiola ill-informed opinions have made it to the Gylfi thread

Oh joy

There's a thread in world football for you guys.

"Bang average". Lol

On topic....What number shirt is this footballer gonna take?

Status
Not open for further replies.