2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you could say Pickford can see everything and will have shouted that it was his but Zouma didn't trust him and get out of the way. I'm not having that Pickford comes flying out of his box without screaming his head off that its his, in which case Zouma needs to get out of the way. The other argument is that it isn't Pickfords ball to deal with and he shouldn't have been there, which is fair. But the fact he's come means it is his ball.

Neither are blameless in that situation.
Got to disagree mate, sorry. The ball was outside the box and Zouma clearly had the situation under control. There was absolutely no way it should have even entered a keepers head to come rushing out the way he did. Surely from his position he sees the whole picture in front of him.

I agree that the decision was wrong. However when the decision was made then it becomes his ball to deal with and Zouma needs to hear the shout and leave it to Pickford or deal with it. He did neither. Both are to blame for the goal, poor decision making and hesitancy cost us.
There's the problem right there. The shout obviously didn't come loud enough from Pickford.

That ball was Zouma's all day and Pickford never should have come off his line. You're fair enough to say that once he does it should be Pickford's ball to deal with but he has to communicate that loudly and effectively.

Point is, he never should have come off his line because it was Zouma's all day and he could have dealt with it easily had Pickford not done that.

There's the problem right there. The shout obviously didn't come loud enough from Pickford.

That ball was Zouma's all day and Pickford never should have come off his line. You're fair enough to say that once he does it should be Pickford's ball to deal with but he has to communicate that loudly and effectively.

Point is, he never should have come off his line because it was Zouma's all day and he could have dealt with it easily had Pickford not done that.
I've heard Pickford shouting from the other end of the pitch mate. As I say, I'm not having he wasn't screaming his head off that it's his ball.

I've heard Pickford shouting from the other end of the pitch mate. As I say, I'm not having he wasn't screaming his head off that it's his ball.

Finally someone talking sense.

Given his ‘ego’ there’s no way Pickford would charge out with not shouting get the rave on or something. Also. Zouma needs to see this. Whilst Pickford should have been more in control of himself and not allowed himself to get caught up in it once it became apparent zouma didn’t hear him - zouma also needs to be aware a big bright yellow thing is running towards him shouting

Given his ‘ego’ there’s no way Pickford would charge out with not shouting get the rave on or something. Also. Zouma needs to see this. Whilst Pickford should have been more in control of himself and not allowed himself to get caught up in it once it became apparent zouma didn’t hear him - zouma also needs to be aware a big bright yellow thing is running towards him shouting
I'm surprised, I thought Pickford screamed his head off, or is that just when he's England keeper?

Also anyone who says Howard should be our GK coach needs their head examined.

When we played Bournemouth (I think) in the space of less than five minutes they played two balls in behind in the gap between full back and centre back. They were both decent balls into the area, one down the left, one down the right almost identical except for the side of the pitch they were on. The first one he left, the second one he came for. I don't think the defence have any idea what he's going to do in those situations.

Ste you make so many consistently weird calls on Everton it's amazing. You're vinyl in a digital age, well done sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.