2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from the derby error. What are his other mistakes that are solely his fault?

The zouma one was both of them. Either they both shouted or no one did

The pass he made to Keane the other week against Bournemouth- Keane was flat footed if he wasn’t or slightly quicker he’d have anticipated that’s the pass Pickford would make.

Any others?

Rushed off his line against City when Jesus was unlikely to score otherwise. The poor kick against West Ham earlier in the season.

Yea i would take a lesser skilled keeper.

One that would be part of a team not one that literally rips into players for his own mistakes.

Sooner or later we have to play together and his displays on the pitch constantly moaning and blaming everyone around him takes a toll.

So again I would take a lesser skilled keeper that would like to be a part of team instead of this clown.
The good old ego shout.

Used by people when Pickford doesn't make a mistake for a couple of games.

You would take a lesser goalkeeper because our superior goalkeeper has a moan at his defence.

What a ridiculous shout.

He single handedly ruined our season and gave Liverpool the title on a silver platter. I understand people being annoyed at him. I am too. He'll never live that down, and I understand that there's quite a number of Everton fans who will loathe him eternally now no matter what he does. Fine.

But he's objectively not a bad 'keeper. He's just not - he's one who is going to make mistakes but he has obvious talent and the right mentality to improve.

There's not many 'keepers we could get instead that would be an upgrade.

That derby mistake has made anything he does that's not perfect absolutely infuriate me. It's not really his fault but I just can't stop myself from being hyper critical of anything and everything he does

That derby mistake has made anything he does that's not perfect absolutely infuriate me. It's not really his fault but I just can't stop myself from being hyper critical of anything and everything he does

Honestly, that's understandable. Fair play for admitting it.

He should have been dropped for 3-4 games lately as an admittance of recent failure, then came back into the side ready to go when his head was straight. Instead, he's now just wellying long kicks out for throw-ins and panicking the defence.

I lay most of the blame on Marco Silva - he didn't manage the situation with a young goalkeeper.

The good old ego shout.

Used by people when Pickford doesn't make a mistake for a couple of games.

You would take a lesser goalkeeper because our superior goalkeeper has a moan at his defence.

What a ridiculous shout.

Ha yea I would. You don’t have to like it. It’s not ridiculous.

I think he is over rated.

Not sure how me thinking Pickford is overrated brings you to that. Have fun with it though

Peter Schmeichel used to shout at his defence mate, whilst Kearton didn't.

You said you'd take a lesser 'keeper over a superior one as long as he didn't moan at his defence.

So, logically, you prefer Kearton over Schmeichel.

Peter Schmeichel used to shout at his defence mate, whilst Kearton didn't.

You said you'd take a lesser 'keeper over a superior one as long as he didn't moan at his defence.

So, logically, you prefer Kearton over Schmeichel.
shouting at teammates and the tantrums displayed by Pickford are not the same thing.

Commanding and tantrums are not the same

Status
Not open for further replies.