2022/23 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was always willing to gve him a chance , but thought from the outset that he was a massively overpriced , desperation "reach".
Even though I am not Frank's biggest fan , and still need to be convinced by him , he certainly has improved Alex.
A transformed player from Carlo's tenure.

And that just goes to show these guy are only human and our comments can and do have an effect on there performances, social media and mis management probably a part of seeing dele go from top drawer to knicker drawer

I agree...DCL , Iwobi are great examples of how we can actually influence the mentality and mood of the players. They probably ignore the negative stuff and realy take on board the positive. But if there's nothing positive what do they have? Doesn't make sense with Dele though - we didn't hate him or abuse him at all - just never got a chance to connect with him that much.

I was always willing to gve him a chance , but thought from the outset that he was a massively overpriced , desperation "reach".
Even though I am not Frank's biggest fan , and still need to be convinced by him , he certainly has improved Alex.
A transformed player from Carlo's tenure.

He still was overpriced at £35m, but we're definitely getting something great out of him. With Onana, IGG, Allan, Doucoure, Garner, Davies, I wonder where he ranks. Probably IGG, Onana & Doucoure could be the first choice, but with IGG and Onana's age, Iwobi, Allan, Davies & Garner should have plenty of opportunities.

I agree...Dominic Calvert-Lewin , Iwobi are great examples of how we can actually influence the mentality and mood of the players. They probably ignore the negative stuff and realy take on board the positive. But if there's nothing positive what do they have? Doesn't make sense with Dele though - we didn't hate him or abuse him at all - just never got a chance to connect with him that much.
Meant more at spurs with Dele he was already mentally done.

Where does everyone sit on a new contract?

We need to decide what we will do with him in the next 12 months, he’s a year to run next summer.
He will get a new deal, no doubt about it.

I would hope we have him locked in by the end of the World Cup.

This isn't flash in the pan form, he has finally found his place and I suspect it will continue consistently for the next few years. We need him to sign.

He will get a new deal, no doubt about it.

I would hope we have him locked in by the end of the World Cup.

This isn't flash in the pan form, he has finally found his place and I suspect it will continue consistently for the next few years. We need him to sign.

Just to play devils advocate mate, if a bid came in whats the manic number you would sell him for?

He still was overpriced at £35m, but we're definitely getting something great out of him. With Onana, IGG, Allan, Doucoure, Garner, Davies, I wonder where he ranks. Probably IGG, Onana & Doucoure could be the first choice, but with IGG and Onana's age, Iwobi, Allan, Davies & Garner should have plenty of opportunities.
at the moment, I see it as

1. Iwobi
2. Onana
3. Gana
4. Davies
5. Doucoure
6- Garner
7. Allan

I think Frank likes Davies, he has been decent recently but he wont be first choice.
Doucoure cant pass to anything blue when pressed
Garner needs time and opportunities
Allan as slow as a sunken ship

Status
Not open for further replies.