Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like many have said it comes down to Dominic Calvert-Lewin fitness and if he's the same player. If he is then you would think there are 4 or 5 teams worse than us. If he isn't then you might have to take a couple of them teams out of that equation and that puts us in bottom 3
Everyone seems to have summarily discounted the possibility of Maupay getting 8-10 this year. We have an all new midfield that could chip in with more than any of our midfielders have done in recent memory and a couple of great apes at the back that are sure to knock in a couple each from corners and FKs this year.

If we can shore up at the back, which doesn’t look unlikely on recent evidence, I think that’s what keeps us out of the mire. Won’t be pretty, but I’ll take it, as my wife is fond of saying.

Was just about to post this myself. He's got a point. It's a lean squad, we've definitely carved out a lot of the rot.
Exactly, it’s been trimmed massively. Better again when you see that Allan, Doucoure and Rondon will all be out of contract this summer too, they might play a small part in the squad this season but that’s alright and it means their replacements are already here.

In truth I’m actually still hopeful for Allan, always liked him and think he could probably do well in this midfield next to a pairing of Onana and Gana for more defensive games.

Actually came close to having a squad that is balanced and functional and that's the really frustrating thing. It would have been quite the turnover even if it only meant we could breathe a little easier about relegation.

Really need D.C.L back asap. There should be no need to treat him like a China Doll if this recent injury is more freakish and due to mere bad luck but one would have to be concerned at the very least about his ability to get through the best part of a season remaining intact.

Some players are just injury-prone and that propensity increases with each injury, obviously. Not to mention the additional time gaining match fitness and sharpness.

There is always January I suppose but I really can't understand why a temporary solution on loan could not have been found. I cannot understand that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.