Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t mind us not getting another centre forward but it’s those inside forward positions we’re so short it’s scary. Gordon, Gray, McNeil and maybe Iwobi in case of emergency. None of them have good goal s prong records. Gordon’s started great and hope he continues but imagine he gets injured! We’ll be playing Gray and McNeil either side of Dominic Calvert-Lewin or Maupay. That’s so weak, there’s no goals there, little cover and no options to bring on from the bench. We’re going to end up running Gordon into the ground.
Another injury in attack and we are in big trouble.

We have so little attacking options available off the bench to change a game now it’s laughable really, the decision to let Dobbin and Simms leave early on in the window seems strange in hindsight.
They aren’t the answers considering they’ve made a combined 4 first team appearances

Can’t say I’m shocked. Typical Everton deadline day under blue bill.

1. Have a player signed but hold off on announcing until late in the day.

2. Lash a few crap bids in for players you know the other team will never accept. At least you tried ay Bill.

3. Finish the window without fixing gaping holes in the squad.
To be fair they the only part of the team they haven’t strengthened is the forward line apart from Maupay.

We are stronger every else but the lack of another striker is a disgrace

Reactions: JLW

We had a negative 23 goal difference. We sure ourselves up which I think we massively have and we’ll be comfortable.

Just to put this into context, if we’d have had Maupay’s goals last season instead of Richarlison’s we’d have scored 41 goals instead of 43.
Maupay has scored the goals he has because the way brighton plays which is attacking football so creates many chances...at Everton he will have less chances.

We created the least chances in the league last season.

That was, and is a massive priority.
Guess we have to hope that Patterson can add something here. I want to see him put more crosses in, he's got it in his locker. Otherwise we are going to be seeing a LOT of long balls by Pickford, Coady and Tarks, which can be devastating as we've seen, but also completely unreliable as a primary strategy.

I don’t mind us not getting another centre forward but it’s those inside forward positions we’re so short it’s scary. Gordon, Gray, McNeil and maybe Iwobi in case of emergency. None of them have good goal s prong records. Gordon’s started great and hope he continues but imagine he gets injured! We’ll be playing Gray and McNeil either side of Dominic Calvert-Lewin or Maupay. That’s so weak, there’s no goals there, little cover and no options to bring on from the bench. We’re going to end up running Gordon into the ground.
I can't believe they took the risk to wing it until January. We will be lowest scorers in the division with no striker options.

Status
Not open for further replies.